Nationstar Mortgage / scam

1 Columbus, OH, United States Review updated:

My mortgage was originally with Flagstar. I came back from a family vacation last year and my mortgage was sold to Nationstar. They told me that I did not have to make any mortgage payments for three months because they were trying to get me approved for Obama's new HAMP. I made my payments on time and Nationstar has sent my payments back stating that the payments were not enough to cover my debt which has acculumulated up to 34, 000. This company has been giving me the run around and I am facing foreclosure. I am looking into filing a class action lawsuit because all the money that I was paying into my mortgage has not been going towards it.

La

Comments

• Ra
      22nd of Apr, 2009

My home was heavily damaged by Hurricane Ike and is uninhabitable. I have no complaints or problems, whatsoever with the insurance company - Farmers Insurance. My agent was wonderful to me and responded quickly and was very concerned about my well being and my health. My adjuster was very nice and concerned about me, as well. They sent the adjustment check in a very timely manner and I endorsed and sent to my mortgage company as required by Nationstar Mortgage. I hired a contractor and he required 50% of the funds up front before he would begin the work. The total of the first draw ($19, 000 - half the adjustment) was sent by the mortgage company and the contractor insisted that I endorse the check over to him, which I did. It was almost one month before work ever started on my home. I got a new roof and rafter repairs. On the inside I had a small 1/2 wall removed, the kitchen was gutted, a small hall closet taken out to make room for a new bathroom vanity installation, flooring was laid in the area in front of the vanity, flooring laid in the kitchen and entry way (I provided all the materials for the floors), scraping of ceiling and re-texuring and painting of bedroom and closet doors in bedroom and insulation and sheetrock and paint installed in the kitchen and dining area (the room was also gutted by the contractor, of which he left all debris in my garage and back yard). The contractor's carpenter needed materials and I purchased them for him to continue the work, since the contractor would not return either his or my calls. Contractor finally called me back and told me he would leave me a check for reimbursement. The check he gave me was insufficient, which made me overdrawn in my bank and to exacerbate that problem, my bank charged me over $250 for insufficient funds. Things went downhill from there with my contractor, whom I suspect was having 'personal issues', and ultimately I had to fire him. The mortgage company sent someone out to my house to inspect the job and signed off at 45 percent completion. I hired a second contractor who jumped through all the hoops required by the mortgage company to release more funds so that the work could continue. The mortgage company kept coming back asking for additional documentation and finally the second contractor decided not to accept the job due to 'my mortgage company being too hard to deal with'. Finally, after many tears and sleepless nights, I found another contractor who was willing to help me. He agreed to repair my house with the remaining funds and has done everything the mortgage company has asked him to do and as of today, the mortgage company is refusing to release any more funds until the job is 100% complete. This is simply ludicrous. How can any company expect the job to be done with no money for supplies and materials, etc? It is like going to the grocery store and getting the groceries, but not paying for them until you have cooked and eaten them! Maybe a bad analogy, but nonetheless apt. This situation has caused me so much heartache, strife anxiety and thoughts of suicide. I am crying as I sit here and write this to you. I am living elsewhere and paying more expenses than I would have to if I was in my own home. Can you please tell me if I have any legal recourse or is this just the status quo for these greedy vulture mortgage companies who feed off of victims such as myself? I am hoping you might be able to offer some guidance to me. I am at a point of desperation right now. Any advice you can offer me is greatly appreciated. I simply don't know where to go from here.

• Bs
      17th of Sep, 2009

Gmac sold our mortgage to Nationstar and everything was fine. Shortly after this transaction my husband lost his job...Nationstar contacted us about a loan modification. I would listen to my husband tell me the options of paying a note for three months that were about $500.00 a month lower than our regular note and if we did everything perfect they would refinance us at the new lower monthly note. I couldn't help but notice that we still recieved late notices although we did everything they told us now they are threatening foreclosure and my husband doesn't think it's anything to worry about. I am scared to death because our house is worth way more than we owe on it...HELP!!!

• Bi
      9th of Oct, 2009

I got sold in 2008 to Nationstar, who I never even heard of and I'm sorry I ever did. It' s been nothing but a ongoing nightmare since Feb 2008. Their title company was to cut a check per my closing for the 1st half of my house taxes. Nationstar was to pay the 2nd half. But Fiserv(the title co.) sent the wrong amount and it got kicked back. They said nothing and did nothing. When Nationstar tried to pay the 2nd half it got kicked back because the first half was never paid. Now neither company said nothing and did nothing. In August 2008 I got a letter from the town my taxes were deliquent and a lein was being placed on my property in Sept.2008. I took an entire day off from work and spent it on the phone between Nationstar, the Town, the County and Fiserv. I found out Fiserv still had the check it had never been cashed. I was in contact with Jeffrey of Nationstar Escrow. I told him Fiserv had the check, gave him the contact there I had spoken too and the check number. He said it would be taken care of, no problem. A few weeks later I called the town, they said everything was paid and there was no lien. Everythings good right??? WRONG!!! It seems Jeffery and Nationstar took out an advance of money from First American (who holds the escrow monies). They took basically an unauthorized loan on my mortgage for $7000.00 in Aug 2008. I found this out 8 months later in April 2009. How?? I had just made the April payment online. My account appeared perfectly normal on the statements. There was no inkling of what they had done until I received a letter on April 6, 2009 that my next payment (in 3 weeks for May 2009) would be an additional $700.00 a month to payback the advance they took out 8 months earlier to cover the tax money they lost. I went NUTS. That was Saturday and all was closed. Again Monday I took off from work and called them. Needless to say, they told me they would file a dispute it could take 30 day...then 90 days... it has now passed 6 months and they still have not gotten back a single dime of my money. I have been working with a woman named Theresa Pointer in Escrow, but she has suddenly disappeared in the last month (they said she's been out sick). Now I have Tom in Escrow and Fiserv contacts with the Research Department of Randy Foyer and Kathy Kinkerk. Not only can they not get the money back from Fiserv (I even sent them an entire packet of papers certified registered mail w/signature required) with a copy of the page from my mortgage that shows what should have happened, but they themselves cannot find the money they should be holding for what should have been the second half of the taxes. But they said "Don't worry about that yet, we have to get the Fiserv money back first." The original tax bill and what they ended up paying, of course, were different amounts because of the interest and penalties that accrued after they paid it also. I have refused to pay them ANY of the extra amount since May, because I believe they are thieves and con-artists and I will not pay on money for an unauthorized loan they took out because they are incompetent. So now they keep saying my payments are behind, they put each payment into a holding account until it adds up to what they want it to be. I call them 3-4 times a week. They call me 2-3 times A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK. They send me threatening letters about foreclosure, and remodification of my loan. I get phone calls from all these departments- Customer Service, Collections, Foreclosure, Research and Escrow. I am on the automatic dialer so they call me everyday including Saturday and Sunday when they are closed, besides the live operators. It starts at 8 am and goes till 9 pm. This for the last 5 months.. They threaten me constantly. I even had a supervisor hang up on me during one phone call because of my attitude toward her (this was on a third phone call of one day from them after about 4 months of this crap) She didn't like my tone or attitude and wouldn't be spoken to "in that manner" and when and if I calmed down and adjusted my attitude I could call back to speak to them..with that she hung up on me. So 6 months and still waiting for them to find my money...it's the worst nightmare scenario. I would never have imagined this happening to me. All my bills are paid on time..but my credit is now in the CRAPPER because of this..because, of course, they are report me as being deliquent to the credit bureaus. I cannot even refinance through another bank just to get away from them because of all the damage they have done to my credit. I can't sleep and have nightmares, I don't know what to do anymore. :(

• Lc
      27th of Nov, 2009

we bought our home in 1999. the mortgage company then was centex home equity. they were great. however when nationstar bought them out our nightmare began. we have had to file bankrupcy 3 times to avoid foreclosure. once in between bankrupcies we got a modification while we were making timely payment nationstar tried to foreclose on us twice in 14 days adding all kinds of crazy charges. when all this nightmare began we had 22, 000 in equity they charged for this and that saying we werent paying when we were and had proof but that didnt matter we are now in debt to them more then 80, 000 due to fraudualnt charges on our account we would send payment and they never not once got posted. so what the hell happened to our payments ? who knows somebody pocketed it somewhere. any way we got more than 14 different kinds of proof proving their fraudualnt acts a hundred different ways . we are now sueing them for a few hundred thosand . they have put us thru hell and back the worrying alone has played havock on our lives now it is time for the dancers to pay the music man not just about money. we are hoping they get charged for fraudulant crimes and the government stops them from hurting anyone else.

• Wi
      2nd of Dec, 2009

We have sent a letter and our house keys in August 2009 we continue to receive bills and of course got no reply.
    We are about 6 months late with our payments and have got no foreclosure notice. In the meantime the house is empty and losing it's value daily. You would think that a company in need of financial support would just put the house up for sell instead of wasting money and manpower in continuing to send us bills...

• Mo
      2nd of Jan, 2010

I aggree! I have been in a loan mod since July 2009. Here it is Jan 2010. We have paid our trail period payment on time every month and they say were are approved but they are behind on the docs to modify our loan permently. Today we received a note on our door saying that we are going to sheriff sale in 2 weeks. The program is a scam. They still are doing bpos on our house. They want it back. I have followed the program to a T and how can they lie and steal our house with no reprocousions?

• Ne
      4th of Jan, 2010

I LIVE IN tN AND THANK nATIONSTAR IS RIPPING US OFF TOO AND WILL END UP WITH OUR HOME. wHO DO WE GO TO FOR SOME REAL HELP?

• Ct
      27th of Jan, 2010

I have the same problem My loan was sold to Nationstar from Flagstar in October 2009. I continue to receive late notices but I was told verbally that I am on a trial modification program, just send in $1599.03 by January 01, 2010. I sent the check December 20, 2009, The check never cleared my bank. I called on January 6, 2010 and was told by Renee that they returned my check because they need me to wire the money, send it quick collect or cashier's check. This was never told to me by the representative . The letter that came with the check said the funds are insufficient to cover the overdue amount on my account. I called back and they said dont worry about tht letter, just send the money quick collect. Yes I owe, but I dont feel comfortable sending money without proof it was sent. Should I be thankful that my check was sent back to me. My representative Jamie x3444 who said I was approved for trial payments will not return my calls. No one will give me anything in writing. I spoke with Chad on January 21, he was very rude, he said they dont have to send me any correspondance "I owe then money" .They will probably foreclose anyway. What to do?????

• Kl
      9th of Mar, 2010

I am now very, very worried because I am also in this same situation!! I have been waiting since January 20th 2010 for the docs that they said would be sent. I have spoken to Daisey Cortez on 01/20/2010, Ronda 01/21/2010, Tohara 02/3/2010, that's when I was told my case was rejected...what! I called again on 02/6/2010 spoke to James and he told me there was no foreclosure date. 02/9/2010 spoke to another james ext2119. called again 2/17/2010 james said that he still did not see a sale date, but i was getting letters from an attorney Macalla Raymer llc...I aqm sending pymts of $1364 cashiers checks. I still have no docs and I am told that they are behind with paperwork. I was given the modification dept tel# 18883661119 and spoke to Quinton, Asia( she was extremly rude) brian and broderick on 2/25/2010 he said I had an open case ( still no docs) finally I spoke to sheena and she faxed me some paperwork, that I filled out and faxed back with my paystubs. still no 'official docs" 3/9/2010 I GOT AN OFFICIAL NOTICE OF FORECLOSURE...I LOST IT. I spoke to joe and he told me that he does see that my docs have been imaged and he does not see a foreclosure date...I said to him has this attorney been told this. joe said that if a modification is done the foreclosure date is pushed back. i really don't know what to do now I am so scared. pls help.

• Yo
      15th of Nov, 2010

Cry some more, live within your means.

• St
      16th of Dec, 2010

Dear Ralph, pretty sure they're not supposed to charge you any money for modifying the loan..

Administrative Costs
    Servicers may not charge the borrower to cover the administrative processing costs incurred in connection with a HAMP. The servicer must pay any actual out-of-pocket expenses such as any required notary fees, recordation fees, title costs, property valuation fees, credit report fees or other allowable and documented expenses. Fannie Mae will reimburse the servicer for allowable out-of-pocket expenses. Servicers will not be reimbursed for the cost of the credit report(s).

• St
      16th of Dec, 2010

I'm in the same situation with them. However my wife has great credit and she is not on the title. I'm thinking about just paying for things in cash from now on and renting an apartment with her credit rating and our combined income. [censored] um they can have the house. I'm 30k underwater on it anyway. We have no children so that's a plus I suppose.

• +1 Votes

We are getting the run around as well. Being told to send a certain amount and they would start a repayment plan and when We did that they did not apply the money and are trying to foreclose. Also this happened once before and I sent a different amount they told me I needed to send and put it into unapplied funds and didn't apply it to my loan either. so it looks like I havn't made any payments when I have made several. They are rip offs and do not help you, but just lie and take your money.

• Ro
      12th of Jul, 2016

I just called Nationstar Mortgage for a payoff and it takes 24 hours via fax and there is a charge of $25.00. What a rip off!! I spoke to a rep who was worthless. Bad way for a mortgage company to increase their profits