Nationstar Mortgage / fraudulent processes

My morgage was sold to nationstar mortgage by Flagstar Bank last year. I was a fairly new homeowner had been in my home for 3 years and due to financial difficulties was working with Flagstar and a company in Florida for modification. Had recd the initial mod. pak and filled it out and returned it to the company in Florida along with the first of three trial payments in August. When I did not receive any contact by mid Sept and contacted the modification company only to be told that they were overrun with modifications and it would be up to 6 wks for the paperwork to be processed NOT to send another payment until I recd return info from them should be around mid Oct. When nothing arrived I called again and was told they could not discuss the account with me due to it being sold to Nationstar. I then contacted Nationstar and the first person I spoke with advised me not to send a payment until they had recd my file from Flagstar and then I would be advised of the next step. I spoke with a different person each time I called and was given different info each time. Then in Nov. I was told I needed to send both remaining trial modification payments by Nov. 30 or I would forfiet the modification. So we scraped together the nearly 1500.00 and sent it right out. By this time we had begun to receive foreclosure papers from the sheriff, but with Flagstar listed as the mortgager. When I called Nationstar with this info I was repeatedly told dont worry until you receive a sale date, when you do contact us and we will put a freeze on the foreclosure. So on Jan, 4th we recd the sale date of Feb. 4th and immediately contacted Nationstar. This time their story was due to a computer glich we cannot find your modification payments and for us to continue the hold on the foreclosure we need those payments. Well, I'm no fool and enough is enough we called the Sheriff and were told we had to be out of the home by Feb. 3rd. So the choice was ours, throw more money we couldn't afford to lose at nationstar in hopes that we wouldn't lose our home or use that money to find another place to live. So we left our 4 br home and moved to a 1 br apt. We are lost and disgusted and feel that Flagstar and Sterling of Florida and Nationstar and in this together and something needs to be done to stop this madness.

Comments

• Co
      22nd of Mar, 2010

I hear ya. I hate Nationstar they are trying to foreclose even though I am doing loan modification with them. They are liars! I had a loan with Flagstar too.

• We
      1st of May, 2010

WOW!! I thought this was my post at first.. The same story, but I haven't lost my home YET. The only reason there aren't more posts is because people dont know about this site, probably too busy trying to scrape up another payment to be on-line..LOL...Sorry you are out of your home... You are not alone, if it helps any at all

• Sg
      14th of Jul, 2010

I had a loan with Flagstar as well and my story is the same. We will probably lose our home in the next month or so.

• Ti
      3rd of Jan, 2011

Please, do not just sit by and lose your home. See a housing counselor or a lawyer about suing Nationstar. There's still hope.