National Park Reservations / Appears to be part of the National Parks but is a privately owned company

United States, Texas Review updated:
Vickie Koelemay
I thought I was dealing with the National Park's service as this company's website looks like an official park's site. This company recommended an extremely overpriced hotel, St Mary's Resort at Glacier National Park. It was a dump in which I paid over $200 a night after hotel rate, tax and 10% reservation fee. It was the worst place I've ever stayed and one of the most expensive. Number one, this company should make it clear that they are a privately owned company and number two, they should not be recommending properties that they know nothing about. Number 3, the St. Mary's website misrepresents the property unless you are willing to pay $300 plus a night. This place should be closed down for fraudulent practices. I would not have stayed here if it had not been recommended by the National Parks Reservation personel.

N  7th of Sep, 2011 by
I thought this was an official National Park Service site, and booked a room in August 2011 assuming I would be in Glacier National Park. Wrong! I got a high priced room at Glacier Highland Resort, next to the train station and Route 2 - noisy! The hotel and room had limited amenities - no phone, tissues, soap dish in the shower, shampoo, etc. All other rooms we booked in Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming were cheaper, but had small refrigerators and microwaves - not here. I would not recommend the hotel to anyone, nor would I book through this company again!