National Floors Direct / refund

1 MA, United States Review updated:

Over a month ago I cancelled an order with National Floors Direct because I had second thoughts about what I wanted to do in my home. The salesman that came to my house guaranteed I had 3 business days to cancel without penalty and that I would get my deposit of $500 (check - because they do not accept credit cards) back within 10 business days. I have still yet to get my deposit back and have been told each time I called that I would have it by the end of the week. Each time the person I speak to gives me a different story. I will be contacting a lawyer on Monday if I do not have my money tomorrow. Also, After I cancelled the order I was bombarded by calls from the salesman and other sales people that kept lowering and lowering the price in order to get me to buy. They are the used-car salesman of carpet companies. Don't fall for their gimmicks...

Comments

• Mr
      19th of Dec, 2010

There are a lot of businesses out there that don't hold to their word. We put our trust in them to make things right from the get go. When we change our minds or cancel the order, then we have to fight tooth and nail to get it resolved. We should all keep in mind we still need to read the fine print on the contract. Your not obligated to sign right away. You should ask them to leave it with you for review. Usually they will tell you some BS they can't and why it needs to be signed right away so they can get the ordered processed with that great deal .
    As in this case, they will do anything not to refund your deposit. Since they were lowering and lowering the prices with each call, they were charging you too much in the first place. Hope you get your refund back ASAP.