National Fitness / Payments

1 Layton, UT, United States

I have a gym membership with Lady Fitness, their billing company is National Fitness. I was told by a girl at the front desk at Lady fitness that i could out my account on freeze while i went to Texas for a few months. I had to go and help my mom while she was on chemo. I had barely joined the gym and had only gone once. SO i thought it wouldn't hurt to ask if they offered a way for me to put it on hold. I got 3 months free when i signed up so i didn't want to lose them. Well she told me that YES i could do that. All i had to do was write an e-mail to National fitness requesting to freeze my account. I had to let them know what day i wanted it to start and for it to end. So i get back home from Texas and find that i had been charged the WHOLE time. Had i known that I would have to indeed still pay i would have done so . I only pay $19.16 a month for my membership! So i called Ladyfitness and they told me that i needed to call National Fitness. So i did so. They told me that the girl had informed me wrong. That what they really do is freeze your account for up to 3 months and they give you 3 free months at the end of your contract. So why is it that i was told that i did not have to pay then find out i do have to pay AND not only that i have to pay over $120 in fees to the bank where they racked up fee's on my account. (in the begining when i signed up i told the girl I am sighing up with my savings account and will be paying with my checkings once it has opened. I then opened a checkings and gave them my info. I told them DO NOT TAKE PAYMENTS OUT OF MY SAVINGS ACCOUNT...ONLY MY CHECKINGS. Well they took it out of savings anyways 6 different times in the same month for 2 months racking up $20 overdraft fees one after another. NO one called me to let me know that i had insofficient funds. NOTHING! When i called them about this all they did was changed it to my checkings. the one girl told me that i had to pay for the months that i was gone even though i was originally told that NO i would not have to pay anything until i unfroze the account. Which would have been JAnuary 1, 2010. I said that no i should not have to pay for that. but if i had to i would until it gets resolved. The lady told me ok I'll set up a payment arragement for SAT it will come out on SAT well i said ok. Then i called back and even wrote and email that i have a copy of stating that i did not what that money to come out AT ALL. Well Sat comes and goes and i'm thinking good they didn't do it. WELL thursday comes and there is a charge on my account. A charge that i did not OK. And along with that is a overdraft Fee. AGAIN. They have done absolutely NOTHING to help me out. I understand that i was told wrong. But why is it that I have to pay for their mistake????? I'm sorry but if you had a gym membership and were told yep just freeze your account and you wont start making payments till Jan 1st then find out that you have over $60 in payments and over $100 in bank fee's would you be ok with that??? I love my gym Lady Fitness everyone is great the facility everything. But their billing company is rediuculous. I have only been to the gym a total of maybe 3 or 4 times. Since i joined back in August of 09 because i was in texas till Jan and I have had sick kids over here so i plan on taking full advantage of my membership but if this billing company does not fix this i will cancel and they will be paying for all the fees they racked up. They completely ignored every single request i gave and did what they want. I told them no there is no money in my savings do not take money from there and they did i said no do not take money out on Sat and they didn't ! So they did it another day instead just so they can say "well we didn't take it out Sat". I'm just fed up with them I haven't even really started going to this gym and their motto on their website says "- SATISFACTION -We're not satisfied until you are satisfied. Call [protected]
REALLY???? Cause i've been calling for months Never once satisfied!!