National City Bank / cancellation of home equity loan
My husband and I had a $60.000 line of credit with National City. Our home is paid off and worth approximately $175, 000. We currently owe about $6, 500 on this line of credit, have prepaid thousands of dollars ahead of schedule and are very conservative consumers with little additional debt. My husband forgot to make the May payment - we were 13 days late and National City cancelled the line of credit with a very nasty letter. My husband tried to call them (he is a relatively mild personality) - the first woman hung up on him. He called a second time and was told "Tough - you are delinquent". When he explained that he prepaid the loan and was actually ahead of scheduled payoff by thousands of dollars he was told that he did that for his benefit, not theirs.
We are not just customers of National City Bank, we are also shareholders. I can guarantee you that we will be neither in the near future. This company sucks and I hope they go bankrupt. What a stupid way to run a business.
More National City Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Citibank Credit Card Philippines - citibank 
- Thd / Cbna - incorrect reporting to credit bureaus 
- Citibank London - enquiry 
- Citi Bank, London, U. K. - alerta 
- Citibank - credit card application 
- Citibank - service - follow through/ extremely poor customer service
- Citibank - corporate account opening issue
- Citibank - minimum payment amount
- Citibank - us money to euros
- Citibank - misleading in giving the personal loan