Nacel Properties Ltd. / Refund of Damage Deposit

1 925 West Gerogia StreetVancouver, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 604-685-7789

After moving out of Maple Place Towers in April 2010, the landlord keep the damage deposit of $500.00 claiming that he did not get 30 days notice. They did receive written notice 30 days prior to moving out but it appears that they may have lost it or got confused when another tenant in another building with the same apartment number that was also moving out the same day.

In order to get back the damage deposit a complaint was filed with the RTB (Residential Tenancy Board) of BC. A hearing took place in early September 2010. The Board ruled that the landlord was in error in keeping the damage deposit and on September 30, 2010 issues an ordered to Nacel Properties to pay back the damage deposit, associated bank costs, plus a penalty equal the the damage deposit totaling $1, 082.00. The appeal period expired, and Nacel was served with a copy of the Order as well and a letter requesting payment with instruction to make the payment by November 25, 2010 as well as to where it was to be deliver as set out in the RTB rules.

On November 30, 2010 a representative of Nacel advised that they would not be appealing the ruling and would be paying the money as ordered. However, the owner of the property was away and they would be seeing him Monday Dec 6, 2010 to get a cheque and have it signed.

As of Dec 8, 2010 no payment has been received from Nacel. They have not returned numerous calls to them and have provide no explanation as to why they have not paid the money owing. The next step is filing a claim against them in Small Claims Court which will incur more costs.

Comments

• El
      1st of Mar, 2011

We made the mistake of moving to Vancouver February 2010 right before the Olympics, and the only apartment we could find was run by Nacel Properties on 6th Ave. They charged us 1025.00 per month ( at least 200 hundred dollars more than our neighbours) for a one bedroom cockroach infested dump with no blinds. The rental contract stated that heat was included, but we discovered when we started using the heat in the winter that this was not true. We finally were able to move out but our cheque for the deposit was missing 75$ for "rent owing" whatever that means, I was not informed of this before, and my calls are not being returned. My guess is that I am being charged for late rent the month that our rent cheque was stolen from the management office and I had to put a hold on the account and it took a few weeks to sort out.

• Gl
      22nd of Mar, 2011

As I pulled up to a Necal property on Gravely off commercial in Vancouver myself and girlfriend were harassed by the self appointed building manager(his girlfriend is) he insulted me, my girlfriend and my vehicle within two seconds of arriving to the building. After being let into the building through the proper "buzz in" I then held the door open to this degenerate in which he demanded the suit number to which I was visiting claiming he was the manager (though after further investigation he is only Margaret Zacheja's boyfriend)(real winner??)I couldn't give him the number...However when I went to go take my wallet from my jeep that I forgot I had to go back through the lobby I almost got physically assaulted completely insulted and almost had to fight?...what the hell is going on here?...wow...I am now gather petitions signatures...let me know if your interested g_faragher@yahoo.ca
    remember remove negative people...positive life!

9th of Nov, 2011

i just got an eviction notice on my door because people have been complaining that i have been leaving my garbage in the hallway! well i assure u that i haven't been doing that! i am a clean person and have never in my life ever got treated this way! I phone the manager at maple place towers and said what the hell was this??? and he said he didn't know and he is still going to give me two months probation and a warning! he also said that they went through my garbage and looked at my mail. can they do that????? is that legal??? this isn't the first time this has happened and i am sick of being treated like a criminal or a fool! I am married and i don't tolerate this behavior... I think we will be moving out very very soon...

Nacel Properties (maple place towers are criminals themselves)