MyFax / Unauthorized credit card charges

DO NOT USE MYFAX - Credit card fraud!!! This e-fax company offered a free 1-mo. tial membership, which I signed up for . I cancelled a little over 1 month later & asked if they could remove the $10 cahrge since I had made one fax during the trial membership. They did not. So ok, I called a few days late. But they have continued to charge my credit card every month since! I called customer service and spoke with Nicholas - employee #384, who was really nasty. He refused to refund the charges. I called my credit card company to dispute the charges since January who then called Myfax, who couldn't find a record of my account at all, and they claimed thaqt the onus was on me to provide proof that I cancelled, however myfax provides no proof! They didn't in January and they didn't today. I'm next filing a claim with the better business bureau. It wasn't a ton of money that was charged but it's the principle. It was my money, and they took it, they didn't provide any service for it but were still able to charge my credit card without providing any statement of any kind. Isn't this illegal???