My Perfect Resume / scam

Santa Barbara, United States Review updated:

This sit eleads you to believe it is a free service. This is not the case. After plugging in your info, you will be prompted to pay a $3.95 fee (which lets you know that it will charge you $34.95 every month if you do not cancel your subscription with a 7 day period). This is fine but what they do not tell you is that your card I'd charged ONCE FOR $2.95 AND AGAIN FOR $1.00 So what I've learned is that they are "TWO" companies. When you call to cancel the subscription (as I did as soon as I was done) you are only canceling "ONE" of your subscriptions and that is the scam. After wasting my time on the phone with their customer service, I was credited only $33.00. So they make another $1.95. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR $$!

Ma
Dec 23, 2013

Comments

• Li
      Dec 24, 2013

Hi Matt19.

Our free trial gives you the opportunity to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase. If you like what you see, we ask you to pay for a subscription. The ability to print, email, or download your resume are only listed as a feature of the paid subscription and are not listed as a feature of the free trial. We're sorry for any confusion.

The subscription that you paid has a recurring billing feature and you can cancel at any time. The $3.95 charge covers a Resume Builder for $2.95 and a Cover Letter Builder for $1.95 technically you are not being billed twice and this is only under one company which is LiveCareer. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing on the 15th day, underneath the description of the subscription in bullet form, as well as in the confirmation email you receive once you subscribe. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

You can also contact our customer service team for help! We are available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free 1-855-213-0348 or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: [protected]@myperfectresume.com. We also list our contact information on our "Contact Us" and "About Us" Pages on our site.

Best regards,