MusiciansFriend.com / Paid twice and they wouldn't refund

I made an order >$300USD online and paid with Paypal. I was emailed that it did not process. I called the store and was told to reorder. In the meantime one of the sale items was no longer available. I decided to pay directly with my AMEX this time and received my order promptly. However, that very day, almost a week later, it also processed through Paypal at the original amount. I contacted them and was told to proceed through Paypal. I'd never had to do this and my complaint didn't seem to fit into their resolution categories. I chose the most appropriate but Paypal notified me that my choice of merchandise not received was invalid. So I went with the other and heard from Musician's Friend that they had sent me the refund but it would take several days to show up on my Paypal account. In the meantime my resolution time expired and then I found out I had only been refunded $9 - the difference between the original and 2nd order when the sale item was no longer available. Paypal wouldn't help me, Amex said they couldn't help me and Musician's Friend continued to ignore my emails, cut me off when I phoned and tried to get through to accounting etc. After more than a year of this I couldn't imagine what else I could do. It wouldn't be so upsetting if I had a response from someone in the accounting department or actually received the merchandise twice. Of course even if they did cough up the $, the USD has taken a major dive so I'd still be out >40% of what it cost me in Canadian not to mention the primetime phone calls. I was very disheartened and I went with a website that actually has a fair reputation, not to mention Paypal, so I can only imagine how it feels to be totally conned. But few of us, consumers, can afford $500 losses.

Comments

• I0
      28th of Nov, 2008

BBB Rating

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of D+.

Reasons for this rating include:
    Number of complaints filed against business.
    Number of complaints filed against business that were not resolved.

Business Contact and Profile

Draper, UT 84020
    Website: www.musiciansfriend.com
    Original Business Start Date: October 1983
    Principal: Mr Paul Christensen, Complaint Contact
    Customer Contact: Mr Paul Christensen, Complaint Contact - (801) 501-9551 or paul.christensen@musiciansfriend.com
    Email Address: cpurkey@musiciansfriend.com
    Industry Classification: Musical Instruments-Dealers, Internet Shopping Services, Mail Order & Catalog Shopping, Recording Service-Sound & Video
    BBB Accreditation: This company is not a BBB Accredited business.
    Additional DBA Names: Musician's Friend
    Musician's Friend, Inc.

2nd of Mar, 2009

All of their reviews are censored and controlled, but mostly their just 100% fake, fake, fake, what ###.
    Here is proof on this page, all the titles of the reviews are in CAPS and they all have the same tone and general inflections that leads me to...Just look at some things for yourselves, and then deccide; They are thieves and liars, how is it that this became the largest music equipment distributor/wholesaler in the whole world??? [censored]}%+@$^! god-damn...### man... Guitar Center, Musicians friend and guitar center are like the Walmart of music stores, and they get away with the same S*it, they can do whatever they want, because there loaded, loaded to the max, Boycott these swine.