MusiciansFriend.com / Paid twice and they wouldn't refund
I made an order >$300USD online and paid with Paypal. I was emailed that it did not process. I called the store and was told to reorder. In the meantime one of the sale items was no longer available. I decided to pay directly with my AMEX this time and received my order promptly. However, that very day, almost a week later, it also processed through Paypal at the original amount. I contacted them and was told to proceed through Paypal. I'd never had to do this and my complaint didn't seem to fit into their resolution categories. I chose the most appropriate but Paypal notified me that my choice of merchandise not received was invalid. So I went with the other and heard from Musician's Friend that they had sent me the refund but it would take several days to show up on my Paypal account. In the meantime my resolution time expired and then I found out I had only been refunded $9 - the difference between the original and 2nd order when the sale item was no longer available. Paypal wouldn't help me, Amex said they couldn't help me and Musician's Friend continued to ignore my emails, cut me off when I phoned and tried to get through to accounting etc. After more than a year of this I couldn't imagine what else I could do. It wouldn't be so upsetting if I had a response from someone in the accounting department or actually received the merchandise twice. Of course even if they did cough up the $, the USD has taken a major dive so I'd still be out >40% of what it cost me in Canadian not to mention the primetime phone calls. I was very disheartened and I went with a website that actually has a fair reputation, not to mention Paypal, so I can only imagine how it feels to be totally conned. But few of us, consumers, can afford $500 losses.
More MusiciansFriend.com Complaints & Reviews
- Musician's Friend (www.MusiciansFriend.com) - Incompetent and non-responsive company 
- Musician's Friend - Scam advertising!
- Musician's Friend - Credit Card Fraud 
- Musicians Friend - Rip off 
- Musician's Friend - Made me very angry 
- [Resolved] Musician's Friend - musicians friend mf1103916612, gig bag, wrong use, wish to return unopened
- [Resolved] Musician's Friend - bad /late delivery service to schools for a long time!!!
- Musician's Friend - I have not received my order
- Musician's Friend - They sent me used instrument
- Musicians Friend - return order and no refund!!