MultiChoice Africa / DSTV / poor content & endless repeats

Lagos, NG Review updated:

This is more of a general observation:
The content provided by MultiChoice Africa / DSTV on the "premium" package is not worth the money it costs.
I'm an expat from SA working in Lagos Nigeria and my company covers the cost of the DSTV subscription, otherwise I would have un-subscribed long ago, as I did with my subscription in SA.
Endless repeats, branded and advertised as "new and exclusive" - who are they trying to fool?
Rubbish advertisements, mostly advertising their own products - If I had no subscription I would not see those adverts. Since I am subscribed already there is no need to bombard me with pointless adverts about something I obviously already have. Rather pointless - duh!
I suspect that, despite their expensive subscription rates, they are still trying to supplement/boost their earnings with external advertisers, which seem to become fewer and fewer. Over and above that they don't seem to have enough actual content to fill a channel without the constant, lengthy ad-breaks and endless repeats.
Not worth it! At the next renewal/payment date I won't be renewing. There are feasible (and cheaper) alternatives out there.

Wo
Mar 09, 2017

Comments

• Ca
      Mar 12, 2017

Totally agree with the complaint. And these old movies playing over and over and over and over and over and over. I am so sick of seeing the same movies. Also, why have hour long programmes on Sundays. At least if it was 30 minutes max we might see something we haven't seen.