MTN / bad customer service
I would like to complain about a service I got at mthatha plaza mtn.
On the 19th october, I went to mthatha plza to get my blackberry 9700 bold taken to repairs. I got there and I was told the server was down. I was refered to another sho mtn sho at owen. I got there and they told they couldnt help cause my phone was contract and I didnt have a receipt.
Then went back to mtn mthatha plaza on 21 october 2010. I was still in the queu, when a lady shouted from the behind the desk, and said, if you are here to bring your phone, we will not take it. We are doing stocktake. I was shocked.
1. The approach was very unprofessional
2. There was no sign at the door saying we are doing stock and thus we will not offered certain services.
3. Its the attitude, its not about what the person says but how they say.
4. It was like they are doing me a favour and it was not.
I left without being helped.. Mind you, I stay 40 km away from mthatha. Total of 80 kms to and fro
I never gave up, I tried again, I thought this was just a instance of bad service. I went again to mthatha plaza 29 october 2010. What irritated me first was that the shop was empty and the ladies there were busy giggling and talking. I was standing in a queu. I was the only one in that queu. After few minutes. She calls me. I told her my story. No we cant help you, without the reciept. Go to the mtn you got the phone. I was speechless. I pleaded. Still no help. I asked to speak to the manager and I was told. The manager is not there. Then the next person in charge. Then both ladies, said she is not there..
I have been an mtn cleint for more than 10yrs. I had never experienced that service..
I drove to east london, which is 270 km from my workplace. I want to a different mnt shop hemmingways shop not the one I bought my phone from. Guess what, I was helped in 5 min. The receipt printed..
More MTN Complaints & Reviews
- MTN Nigeria - puk number request 
- MTN / Recharge Card - over-scratched #400 mtn recharge card 
- MTN - pathetic service! 
- MTN - welcome back 
- MTN Nigeria - mtn share and sell 
- Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - mtn is untrustworthy liars
- Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - puk number
- MTN Customer Care - absolutely no support from mtn for a faulty brand new nokia cell phone
- Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - mobile phone
- MTN - night data not being deducted; 0605055809