M&T Bank free checking SCAM / Hidden costs of M&T free checking
After openning a free checking online in Aug 2008 I realized that contrary to free billpay service that I had in
4 other banks there is fee for billpay at M&T, so I cancelled my billpay subscription online via bank secured e-mail.On 2/21/2009 I received the only paper statement from M&T Bank showing my checking account been closed due to -$6.35 cumulative billpay fee and sent to collection.
I spent more than an hour on 2/24/2009 with different departments of M&T bank trying to resolve the bank error, each representative shown gross incompetent handling the matter end referred me to another phone to call and the last one suggested I send a letter to bank as nothing anyof them could do about it.
So here is the deal if you intend to open a free checking account with M&T Bank:
1.There is a fee for billpay so it is not free.
2. Afterward if you need to resolve an issue you have to spent hours talking to assortment of ###s
at M&T bank who are experts in giving you runaround and not resolving the issue.
3, The surprised account closure without any written or phone message and sending it to collection may affect your credit reports and if you ever been unfortunate to resolve an error with credit reporting agencies you know what kind of ###s you end up talking to,
More M&T Bank free checking SCAM Complaints & Reviews
- M&T Bank - Insuffiecent funds! 
- M&T Bank - Scam and cheating 
- M&T Bank - Legitimate insufficient funds! 
- M&T Bank - cashing an M&T CK @ THEIR BANK 
- M&T Bank - Unlawful foreclosure threatening! 
- M & T Bank - unprofessional bank teller
- M & T Bank - banking fraud
- M&T Bank Corporation - m&t enables identity theft
- M&T Bank Corporation - mortgage
- M&T Bank Rewards Dept - customer service call center