Mr. Tire / Complaint

1 Glen Burnie, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 410-760-4377

I went into Mr. Tire on Friday morning to get a basic oil change. The guy said it would
Take about 30 to 40 min. To get me in. And he said about 15 to 20 min. To do oil change.
So about an hour. Well to start, it took just over 2 hours. They said my stub was broken and it would cost $50. 00 to fix. He said who ever worked on it last must of did it. Well, Mr. Tire worked on it last and I wasn't going to pay $50. 00 for their mistake.
The guy huffed and puffed but did fix without cost. When driving home i smelled something burning. I thought some oil must have spelled and it would just burn off. Well later that night smoke came out of engine area. I pulled over. Oil was all over engine. It made my wife and i so sick i couldn't drive it like that. So I went to a near by place and steam cleaned the engine. When I was cleaning noticed a dent on my fender next to my tire. I called and manager was gone. I went in next morning. 8:00 talked to manager Tom Frey told him about oil and damage. He said, (This is no lie) well things happen I am sure they didn't do it on purpose. Speaking of the oil. And said nothing can be done about the damage once it leaves the shop. I under stand if I came back a couple days later but this was the very next morning. At 8:00 Mr. Frey was very smug about it. I told him it wasn't like that when I brought it in. Again he said he wasn't going to do anything about it. Mr. Tire is not responsible for the damage. I told him if you look at my history I do a lot of business there and the damage is not a lot it is the point. They would not fess up to the damage. And that the manager was very rude and smug when talking to me. I told him if Mr. Tire doesn't do anything about it I would never do business there again and I would tell everybody I knew. This was the first time during our conversation he said he was sorry. And that was to tell me he wasn't going to help me.

Comments

• Do
      5th of May, 2009

I had a more pressing problem...if you look at my complaint, they ruined my engine...samething happened...rude customer service, total denial of fault...the only thing they worry about is covering their own behinds...I talked to the custmoer service rep for Monroe Muffler(parent co. of mr tire) and the guy was very rude to me. told me they did not cause the damage to my car. I asked him how he knows what they did since he was in new york and I'm in maryland...
    I'm guessing they do not like loyal customers like me...if anyone is reading this...heed my warning...DO NOT GO TO MR TIRE OF MONROE MUFFLER FOR ANY WORK AT ALL!!! I am going to invest a little of my own money to get back at Mr Tire by placing a detering billborad add telling people to not go to Mr Tire...for only $350.00 I can place a ad for 1 whole month on a billboard...

• Bo
      30th of Aug, 2009

You better mark your tires before a rotation, and tell the manager toavoid having to go back a second time. I find they usually don't perform this under their "lifetime tire rotation" policy. Just another Mr Tire scam.

• Pi
      10th of Oct, 2009

I recently had my oil changed by Mr. Tire. The coupon I presented was for $19.99 plus a $2.25 recycle fee. However, when I received my bill, I noticed it was for $26.57. The tech first said the total was higher due to taxes – really, 20 percent? After examining the bill, I notice that I was charged an additional $3.22 for a "shop supply fee". I brought this up to the tech and he said “oh yeah, that fee is used to cover rags”. I understand that the coupon disclaimer says "Additional charges may apply". I called the corporate offices and they stated the additional fee is a standard company policy of Mr. Tire and that it always applies. If that is true, remove the word “may” from “additional charges may apply”. Or better yet, just state the actual price on the coupon. This is very deceptive advertising.

• Fr
      7th of Jan, 2010
    Mr. Tire - Service Inadequate
    Mr. Tire/Monroe Muffler
    Woodbury Heights
    New Jersey
    mrtire.com

Mr. Tire ruined my vehicle. I brought it in for minor adjustments to alignments and tires and left with a bent rim. I then spent over 400$ replacing tires and having car adjusted. Shame on you Mr. Tire for providing poor service!! Plus this place isn't better business bureau certified so there is nothing you can do with the better business bureau.

• Pa
      16th of Mar, 2010

Mr. Tire in Broomall Pa inspected my car, and said I needed a new air filter also. I looked at the air filter that had about 5 k miles of use, and it was perfectly clean, after I looked at it later, because I told them not to replace it. I had just replaced my wiper blades before the state inspection, and they said that I needed new wiper blades to get it through inspection. I let them replace the blades, and told them to give me other blades back. When I looked at the blades, that they took off of my car, I saw that the rubber part of the blade was pulled out of where it is inserted. That was kind of acceptable, but upon further looking at the wiper blades, I had saw that they deliberatley cracked the plastic part of the blade, to which lead me to believe that they damaged my wiper blades, just to be mean.
    What did I do to deserve that, and I do not know, but somebody doesn't like me up there at MR. TIRE.

• Je
      14th of May, 2010

I went to Mr Tire on Dobbin Road in Columbia, MD two days ago for tires. When I got the bill I noticed it was over $700. I knew something was wrong because I only asked for 4 tires at $130 each and an oil change that should have cost $25 at the most. A closer look at the bill showed they also performed an alignment that I did not ask for, $90. Thinking the car may need on, I told the manager I would pay that. After getting home, I looked closer at the bill and noticed they performed the premium oil change (over $50) and charged by $72 for road hazard policy. I called the store and was told to come in and fill out a credit. I also found two coupons on the Mr Tire website; one for a $19.99 oil change and 20% off an alignment. The coupons were given to the manager when my wife went in to get the credit and the manager said the coupons had to be presented on the day of service. She explained there was nothing on the website saying the coupons had to be presented on the days of service and also they should honor them since we did not ask for the $90 alignment nor did we ask for the premium oil change. The manager refused to honor the coupons. I have complained to the corporate office and will see where that goes, without my hopes up of course. Anyone going to Mr Tire on Dobbin Road in Columbia, MD better be clear on what they want done and not done. Check your bill before paying as they will charge you for service you did not request. This is the second time in a few years I bought tires at this Mr Tire store and will be my last if my complaint with Mr Tire is not resolve to my satisfaction.

• Bl
      5th of Dec, 2010

Mr Tire is a rip off. Went in there for an oil change and they were taking the tires off my car and doing extra inspections I didn't ask for. Then came back and told me I needed maintenence repairs that totaled over 2, 000! I'll never go back there again.

• As
      7th of Feb, 2011

Read reviews! This place is horrible. I had a hole in one of my tires and this place was across the street from my house so I figured it's just a tire replacement what could really go wrong. Obviously, a lot. When I went into the store they didn't even greet me and waited for me to walk to the counter and the guy bluntly says "what do you need". That was just the beginning. When I showed him my tire he then went on to say I needed all my tires replaced. Told me my tread was horrible and that I would slip everywhere when it rained (even though I did fine in my Honda civic in the recent snow storm for 10 hours). I might've believed him if I didn't change 2 of my tires last year. But I just took it that he was a bad salesman and brushed it off because I just wanted my tire replaced as soon as possible. After looking at my car he told me the price would be $130. I told him is there a list of tires and prices I could see and he said that this was the best one for my car and didnt even let me see a list. Whatever I just wanted my tire replaced. After waiting 2 hours they called and I went back to get my car and drove it home a block away into my garage. The next day the new tire is flat. I called them and told them about it and they told me to bring it in for them to see it. When I did they took it and said they'd have someone look at it the next morning. So the next morning I called and they said theyd call me right back after they looked at it. 2 hours passed and I called again. This time they didn't pick up. Another 2 hours passed and they finally call. They tell me there's a gash on the side of my tire. How? I didn't go anywhere. The guy said debris or someone took a knife and gashed my car (really??). I drove on my old tires for 2 years and never got a gash in them. I find it very weird how a brand new tire could get a gash on the side of it from just driving it a block home and my 2 year old tires didn't. I am taking this to their corporate office. I want my money and rim back and I'll take my business somewhere else. As someone else reviewed, mr. Tires(arlington) needs mr. Brains.

• Fi
      13th of Jul, 2011

Mr. TIre - Mt Airy, MD - Yesterday I went to Mr. Tire to find out why the steering on my car was stiff when taking a right or left hand curve. This was only minor. I got there at 5 pm and did not leave until 7 pm. They informed me that I would need to have a diagnostic down to find out what the problem was. When I arrived, I was able to drive the car, when I left, the car was not drivable at all and I had to leave it there. The steering will not turn at all without sever presure being applied to it. I immediately turned off the vehicle and went back inside and told them of the problem. They then tried to find the mechanic that worked on the vehicle, he then drove it, came back and said there was a problem. He got in and tried turning the steering to the left and right with much difficulty. He lifted the hood, checked the fluid, drained it, put new steering fluid in and during this time, someone from the office was trying to turn the steering wheel so the tires would turn. Finally, they decided they didn't know what the problem was. I walked home and then called them this morning and now they are telling me it needs a steering rack, a pinion and a pump and the fault is mine as the obviously the problem was there to begin with. Their customer service rep at corporate told me the same thing. I now have a vehicle that was fine when I went there, to a vehicle that cannot be driven at all. The vehicle now has to be towed to another business to find out what the problem is and did they cause it. I will never, never go to this business again and anyone who is reading this, should not go to them either. I will be filing a complaint with the better business bureau and my attorney will be contacting them. I do not feel that I should be liable for the repairs, when the vehicle did not have this problem to begin with. Please, do not go to Mr. Tire to have any service done on your vehicle.

• Fi
      9th of Sep, 2011

Isnt it possible that the problem was already there and by chance manifested itself while being looked at? Obviously there was an issue otherwise the vehicle wouldnt have been in the repair facility to begin with. It can be as frustrating for the repair facility as it is for the customer when a vehicle has a failure. Just because the problem got worse while there doesnt mean that they caused it to become that way. Speaking from 18 + years experience.

• Ar
      5th of Nov, 2011

This is so true. Today is Nov 5 2011 and I'm here at mr. Tire ox road va. I went back coz after they changed my oil and I got home... I saw some fume coming out on the hood and when I open up the hood smoke is coming out on the engine... And I went back here for them to check it.. Btw. They haven't replaced my air filter.. Which supposedly part of the deal... What a ripped off..they waste my money my time and my day..haisst.

• Ki
      5th of Dec, 2014

I went to mr tire to get an oil change and 5 minutes down the road my engine started knocking. I immediately called them back and explained ths problem to them. They sent a tos truck and towed my vehicle to their nearest facility. I asked them why weren't they gonna tow my vehicle to the facility that the problem originated from and they told me that their specialist was at this particular facility and that he would be the best person to handle the problem. My car was towed to this other facility. They checked my car and determined that they were not a fault for any issues to my engine. I explained to them that prior to coming in and getting my oil changed at the other location that there wasnt anything wrong with my vehicle. They would not accept fault and told me that it was just coincidental. I called and filed a complaint and have yet to get this matter resolved. I also dpoke with the branch manager who was very rude. Never go to Mr Tire!

• Ct
      18th of Jul, 2016
    Centreville Tire & Auto - Can't fix brakes on 2005 Accord?
    Centreville Tire & Auto
    Centreville
    Virginia

Took my HOnda Accord 2004 EX to have rotors and brakes checked. Shop said that I needed to have the rotors turned. Did so and paid for it. Still had problems. After 3 trips with the same problem, I took the car to Manassas Honda. They said that the rotors had not been turned and suggested that I have the service. Did so and with outstanding results. I took the repair bill along with the one that I had paid at Centreville Tire & Auto back to the Manager at Centreville Tire and Auto. I asked him what he thought and asked how he would "make things right." After several days of his contemplation, I received a call from him saying that they would make no adjustment to my repair or reimburse me in any way for their faulty workmanship. They won the battle but lost the war! I will never return to Centreville Tire and Auto and will never recommend them to anyone. It was a 2004 Honda Accord EX! If you can't repair the rotors on that car, then how skilled is your crew with anything else they might do?

Mr Tire (MONRO) - Robbers
    Mr Tire (Monro)
    New Jersey

Thease people are out just to take your money and do bad work. In the past 2 months i had to have them fix the same thing 4 times. This isnt the only thing i had brakes done $500 tor front disc brakes, new pads and turn rotors. For the same thing at pepboys was $160. i must say there good with prices on tires but thats about it. the mechanics have limited or no experiance in the field and managment dosnt have a clue. I asked "RIC" simple questions he didnt know and had to call another store to see what it was. Taling to the guy working on my car i find out he dosnt know anything about cars, he was just luckey enough to get a job. Finaly i get to the recomendations, a list of parts and prices for evrything i need for my car. Ric was nice enough to offer a couple dollers off here and there but at this point i was suspisous of what was going on. pepboys reavealed most of it i did not need just them trying to take advantage of me. Also the prices were rediculus! over $1100 + tax and fees i actualy ended up spending $238 and got a clean bill of health for the car. I only go back now for the $15 oil change you can print out off there website or they send in the mail.

• Ct
    Mr. Tire/Tires and alingment - Tried to add more labor and parts to job
    Joppa Rd.
    Parkville
    Maryland

I took my 1999 Toyota Sienna in for new front tires and a front end alignment. They had the best "out-the-door" price for the tires and I had a 20% off coupon for the alignment. After getting the call I went to pick up the car only to learn that 1. they did not do the alignment because, according to the mechanic, it need it the front wheel bearings replaced at a cost of $600.00 for the 2 front wheel bearings and 2. It also needed the rear shocks replaced – at a cost of $400.00. I drove 1/4 of a mile down Joppa Rd. to NTB and dropped the vehicle off for the alignment, they called 2 hours later and the job was completed as needed. When I asked the mechanic if there was anything wrong with the wheel bearings he said "no, the alignment was off by only +/- 5% on the right wheel and no adjustments were needed on the left side at all”. I also purchased the rear shocks at Advance Auto and replaced them in one hour (myself) for a total cost of $32.00 for Heavy Duty shocks.
    It’s evident to me that the folks at Mr. Tire on Joppa Rd. were trying to drum up expensive repairs to my vehicle that were highly overpriced and, in the case of the wheel bearings, not even needed. Not an uncommon practice with dealerships and unscrupulous shops. However, the Mr. Tire folks took it a step further by refusing to do the work pending their misdiagnosed and overpriced repair. Maybe the 20% coupon was a deterrent to them.
    I do not recommend Mr. Tire for any work on your vehicle as the lower tire price serves as bait to get you in the shop so they can have the opportunity to create new (unneeded?), repairs for your car or truck.

• Sl
      18th of Jul, 2016
    Mr. Tire Auto Service Centers - Unprofessional, Rude, Dis-respectable, and unethical business practices
    Mr. Tire Auto Service Centers

Hello, I just want everyone in my area to be aware of the unethical business practices going on at Mr. Tire Auto Service Centers in Monroeville Pa, and of the unprofessional, rude, and dis-respectable Store Manager Mike Cecere.

I went there on Saturday August 8th, 2011 with a slow leak in my tire. I informed the manager Mr. Cecere that I was in a huge hurry and late for an event. He started checking me and when they asked for my e-mail address I declined to give it. This started a ten minute tirade as to why I should give him my e-mail address, that I would get wonderful discounts on service. I finally said I get my car serviced at the Mercedes dealership and just had it done last week. I only came in for a slow leak in my tire and would never be coming in for service. He then started yelling and telling me how stupid I was for getting Mercedes service. I asked him to please stop badgering, and that I was in a hurry.

I finally just walked away from from him and went out side to fine two servicemen underneath the hood of my car. I asked them why they were under my hood when I only needed the slow leak in my tire fixed. They both scurried off to look at my tire. I went back in to ask Mike Cecere why they were looking under the hood of my car. Of course he started yelling me once again, telling me how stupid I am and that I should want them to make sure my car was in proper working order. I told him, once again, I’m in a hurry first. Second, I did not give anyone permission to look at anything on my car but the tires. Third, my car was just serviced last week. And forth, I will not be made fun of and yelled at. I might be a blond woman, but I’m not stupid. As a former sales manager in the media business, I’m very aware of how up-sales and unethical tricks are played on unsuspecting consumers in the auto industry, and I would not fall victim to his. Clearly, I had his number and he knew it, which is why I think he was so angry.

When I asked him for his business card, he shoved it in my face and said: Good luck with your complaint. When they finally gave me my keys back and I started to walk to my car, he came out and yelled to everyone to look out she’ll run you over!! I had my child with me by the way. This guy needs not only anger management classes, he need to be in a business where he is not around people! I just don’t want this humiliation and mistreatment to happen to any one else. Thank goodness I caught them under the hood.

Many people have told me stories where they pour oil on the engine, tell the customer to look and say, “you have an oil leak”, we’ll be glad to fix that for $100.00.