Mr. Rooter / Unethical behaviour

My father Called Mr. rooter in Tucson AZ when he had a clogged shower drain. When the plumber arrived, he just did not look like a plumber, he was very well dressed and carried only a clip board and cell phone. After a quick look at the water on the shower floor, we returned to the living room area where this Mr. rooter employee started his sales pitch. He wanted to do some power wash clean to clean all the pipes, only $6, 500.00. my father could not believe the price, he is 80 years old but his mind is not that far gone, and told this plumber/salesman that amount is ridiculous and would just like to just fix the problem with the shower. This plumber/salesman came down a little on the price offering a discount which was still ridiculous. At this point the plumber/salesman used his cell phone to call his office and received the ok to offer this service for $3, 500. Of course my father refused and the salesman left after charging $89.00 for the service call. I think my dad was happy to pay it so he would leave. Shortly after we called another plumber we found listed on Craigslist and told him the problem, in about an hour he arrived carrying an electric snake, he just looked like a plumber, wearing some plastic booties over his boots, after 20 minutes he was done, cleared the obstruction and ran the snake all the way to the street to be sure it was clear. The bill came to $95.00.

Fr
Mar 31, 2016

Comments

• Fr
      Mar 31, 2016

I agree, when you call for a plumber, you should get a plumber to fix the problem, when you call Mr. Rooter, you get a salesman at your door