Movado / Never again

I bought a Movado mens watch on 12/20/12 with a lifetime battery replacement warranty. On January of 07 I took the watch to jewelery store the watch was purchased to get battery replaced. They sent it to Movado to do this. They called to say that the watch was bad and not the battery. I would have to pay for repair. I argued with them because I only wear the watch maybe once a year and it is left in it's original box in a closet in an airconditioned house. They gave me a break on the repair bill and I let them repair and paid for it. Now in November of 2010 I take in again to the same store for a battery and this time the factory says the movement is bad again. Spoke to Movado and they would not not do anything or say the watch is defective. This is ridiculous for an expensive watch to be this bad. I have a less expensive Seiko that I have had for over 25 years and it keeps perfect time. Just change battery every several years. I would never buy a Movado again.

Ea

Comments

• Ne
      14th of Aug, 2015

NEVER AGAIN!
    That's right, I bought my wife a Movado for her 40th birthday and not only did it have repeated (5) battery replacements it did not make it 3 years before a moisture got into the watch obliterating it. This product was only service by Movado for it’s batteries and it was purchased from a leading retailer (Helzberg Diamonds). There was no visible damage when it leaked but still Movado’s responds was, “it is out of warranty”. This makes me HOT!

Ok Movado it is your right to hide behind your 2 year warranty but it is my right to share my story with every potential customer. I spent $1, 700 on this gift that I thought would become a family heirloom and I am told it is not repairable. I am sure I will be getting her a new watch for her 43rd birthday, anyone have one they would recommend? Perhaps Apple, they seem to have a high standard and good success stories one after another.