Motel 6 Kerrville Texas / quality of the motel and pricing

I stayed in the Motel 6 in Kerrville, Texas on March 17-18, 2017.

I arrived very late - 1:00 AM - due to weather issues with my airline flight. the desk clerk greeted me and said they had maintained the reservation since I had called and informed them of the late arrival. Unfortunately this is the last good comment for this experience.
The price for the 1 king bed room with tax was $124.29 - a significant increase from the normal rate. When I inquired about this price increase the clerk stated it was their Spring Break price since so many people were traveling.
This seemed to be at odds with the Motel 6 corporate strategy of affordable motel services.
The room I was given - number 122 - was reasonably clean although the sheets and pillow cases did not seem fresh.
I discovered the room was infested with cockroaches when I was brushing my teeth and 2 roaches crawled across the microwave next to the sink.

If it had not been so late I would have left the motel and tried to find other lodging in the city.
I checked out of the motel at daylight and informed the desk clerk of the issue with the cockroaches. She was let than helpful.
My hope is Motel 6 corporate sends their inspection team to review this franchisee's performance of the company's policies.
This will be my last visit to Motel 6.

Ge