Morkels / debiting after an account is settled

South Africa Review updated:

I bought a washing machine on credit in 2010. I settled the account in October 2011 and personally took the settlement letter to Morkels to show it to them because they still debited the account after the settlement.when i reported that, on the 9th of November 2011, they returned my money immediately. the problem now, is that they didn't stop sending statements. i went there to inquire why i was receiving statements after the settlement, the lady who helped me checked the account and acknowledged that it was paid up and added on in dismay to say that the people who work at their head office went doing their job because they hadn't updated the account payment, she also promised that the problem will be fixed. at the moment, (2 years after paying up the account ) they are coming to my house making treats to repossess the washing machine. to top it all, i appear to have two account numbers.

Mpho Seotsanyana

Mar 12, 2013

Comments

• Do
      Apr 27, 2012
    Morkels - Don't honor insurance policy
    Morkels

I went to Morkels to ask for insurance money because my insured laptop got stolen. I had all necessary document and even paper from police. Two months passed but they’ve still didn’t finish all paperwork and I haven’t received my insurance money. This is taking way too long.