Monro Muffler Brake & Service / I know they are lying to me and I will never go back

United States Review updated:

I went to Monro Muffler with a coupon they sent me for a $19.99 oil change, free brake inspection, and free tire rotation. I've been there before and had all new brakes installed six months ago. The brakes have been screeching for a week, but I did not mention this to the service adviser when I came in. They finished with the car in less than twenty minutes, and assured me when I asked that they found no problems. When I left I noticed that the tires had NOT been rotated ( I knew this because there was a scuff mark on the front left tire, still in the same position on the car as when I brought it in to Monro.) I went back inside and questioned the manager about this, and he insisted that the work I requested with the coupon had been done. I asked him why they didn't report the free work on the receipt ( showed oil change only) and was told they do not record any free services on receipts, only chargeable services. No rotation means no brake inspection either. Brakes still noisy. I know they are lying to me and I will never go back. I am taking my car to another shop or a dealership from now on.

Comments

• Al
      7th of Jan, 2010
    Monro Muffler Brake & Service - Very unfriendly and non professional
    monro.com

Monro Muffler and Brake damaged the from drive shaft on my car when they inspected it. They refuse to repair it and are very unfriendly and non professional when i came back to them the same afternoon. I now have to repair it myself for $500.

• Ze
      13th of Jan, 2010
    Monro Muffler Brake & Service - Terrible experience
    monro.com

I took a 2009 VW Tiguan with 800 Miles into Monro with a screw in the tread for a simple plug. I noticed the next morning a decent sized gouge in the alloy rim. After confronting the store manager, they deny have "any equipment" that could damage an alloy wheel.

• Lo
      1st of Jun, 2010
    Monro Muffler Brake & Service - Went through a lot of hassle for nothing
    monro.com

Sundays ad read 10% off competitors price, contacted Tiffin, Oh. store and was told this does not apply to tires, this was not stated in ad. Went through a lot of hassel for nothing.

• Ti
      12th of Nov, 2010

Seems really odd that they would not want to look at your brakes...After all it is how they make their money right?? Huh..Perhaps you were ...umm...unreasonable and they would rather you go somewhere else...

• Tu