Monitronics/VESS / Wrongful Termination

1 La Quinta, CA, United States Review updated:

I was hired originally as a nanny for the owner of VESS which is a Monitronics Distributor/installer. Well, I was quickly moved from nanny duties to "light office work" wich included doing collections for Monitronics on a daily basis continuosly throughout the day. I was told to call customers with the same issue over and over through out the day if they did not make a payment, it was borderline harrasment. After about a month I was sent out on a "job" to perform an install on a new Dell computer. I guess the owner of VESS is also working for Dell on the side, I have never installed a computer professionally and I had only been on one call with him prior. I arrived at the customers home and they were very upset. They called Dell and complained and I was then fired from Monitronics because I did not complete a Dell Assignment. This company does not know what it is doing and I am very dissapointed and have lost trust on home business owners. Because i was let go for no reason and when I was paid I was paid from a personal monitronics account without removing taxes, I am not even able to collect from unemployment, because of the owners inability to run a company I have now become so much in debt that I can only hope to get out ok.

Mi

Comments

3rd of Jan, 2010

You were working with a dealer... not monitronics. Get it strait dude. Monitronics has nothing to do with installing systems, only monitoring the systems. You should be more specific when talking about a business because this sounds like that installing dealer was a real pos. Why you would be paid from an account that has anything to do with Monitronics is really fishy to. i would forward that info to the monitronics company because some legal action might be taken. Maybe it's the account Monitronics pays that installing company for service threw???? i don't know..