Money Network / won't release my money

1 7000 Goodlett Farms Parkway 3rd floorCordova, TN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-913-0900

My pay went on this "money network check acct. " for about 3 months. I didn't use the card because of a transaction fee to withdraw my money using the card. I waited until all my money was done going on the card so i could withdraw all with one check. A few months went by and when i called to find out the total, they said that the account had a hold on it. To release this hold i had to fax my ss card and a license. I did this. Then i called and they said i had to fax them a copy of my passport because of the "patriot act". I am 17 and don't have a passport. I was then told i needed to give them a school id or a credit card. So again i faxed my license and a credit card. When i called back they said they never received this. Now i have faxed to them all three, license, credit card and ss card. Now they have said that my address is different on my license then it is on their file. So they cant release my money again. Even my district manager called and got the run around. Now what do i do. They owe me three months pay!

• Desi G's Response, Jul 28, 2017

Can't Remember The Password

Sa

Comments

17th of Mar, 2014

FYI...I called to get this account closed now that it is down to .39. It was opened by my husband's employer who did not get his direct deposit information entered in a timely manner. I was provided with a fax number to fax in a request to close the account ( They insisted it could not be closed by phone which is crap). I faxed the request to the fax number they provided 2 weeks ago and the balance still shows as .39 as of today. Apparently they lie about this too. When I got a customer service agent on the phone, he refused to verify a fax number I had already been given which immediately threw up a red flag. He said I could Google it if I wanted it again. A fax number is not confidential account information and should be provided to anyone that requests it. I will be contacting the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency if I do not get this closed soon.

• Kr
      24th of Jul, 2014

My Carlot Took It Upon Themselves To Use My Credit Card Information To Withdraw 20 dollars Which Wasn't Authorized By Me So I Called To File A Dispute I Faxed My Dispute Over 4 Times It Kept Saying No Response So I Asked If The Fax Machine Was On ?
    Come to fine out The Fax MaMachine Was Down ...
    Like why did it take a different representative To Tell Me That ?
    So They The Gave Me AN email Address email it over did that & they still haven't received the email as of this morning II am out of gas for work They need to do better if the ###ing Fax machine was working my money would have been on my card !!!

• Br
      8th of Dec, 2014

Money network placed a hold on my checking account, & they asked me to fax in proof of this & that, did it, now they saying my address don't match because I am in college, I have called there & spoke to many different reps, they all give me a different reason as to why my hold cannot be lifted! I need my money, I am in college! I want to file a formal complaint against this bank, this is nonsense! Reps are not professional at all.

• Ca
      18th of Dec, 2014

im having the same problem how do i file a complaint ?

• Ra
      6th of Jan, 2015

Money sent me a check #116465929 for $6.49 for what was left in my account that was closed. But as you can guess what happened, It BOUNCED!!! I contacted them and they said to sent them a copy of the "HOT" check and they would issue another check. I did all that! But a replacement check has never has been received and if so it probably would have BOUNCED as well.
    I am retired and manage to barely survive on a very small fixed amount. And then a supposedly major "company " STIFFS me with a HOT check. Are they that short of money that they have to pick on poor retirees? I sure would never sign up to do any business with this type of shady corporation. They should be fined and put in jail!!! I guess my next step is to filed a complaint with a governmental agency regarding their questionable procedures and actions. They must be pretty hard up for money to issue a "HOT" check for such a small amount. Beware of doing any business with them.!!!

• Sh
      10th of Jan, 2015

money network are ripoffs they take your money out of the account with no explanation to why overdrafting when you can't overdraf yourselfdon't provide you with much information just take your money and do what they want

• Ke
      8th of Mar, 2015

This scamming outfit owes me over $1, 500. Due to treating me in the same manner as previous posters at this site, I have reported them to the TN Attorney General, TN Dept. of Financial Institutions, TN Bankers' Association and the Federal Consumer Protection Agency. If everyone who has been cheated by this outfit would do the same I'm betting that they would either be out of business in short order or at least operating in an ethical, honest manner.

26th of Apr, 2015

This is all bull s!! I dont understand how this company could do this. They put my card on hold so i called and they said that i need to send my ss and my id to prove my identity which by the way is stupid to be sending my things like that. 3 weeks later i got no call or the hold didnt get lilfted. So i called again and said i had to write it in a piece of paper like are you serious? I dont have time for that. I have a whole bunch of stuff to do. So Money Network yo can kiss my ###! I will get my money!

• Ka
      28th of May, 2015

Had money stolen off my card and used in another state hours and mintues before or after i used my card.Been using this company for about 2 to 3 years now and everything i have done has been in one state.

I had to wait till the transaction posted then wait 3 to 5 business days to get the form to dispute the 6 transaction. Then send the form back and wait 7 to 10 business days to get my money. Now i can't pay bills or take care of the things i had planned. In total its going to be almost a month from the time the claim started by the time i get my money.

Crazy how easy it was for somebody to take my money but take money network a month to realize it was not me.Dont use this *** just find a card that will protect u from theft.

• Le
      30th of May, 2015

I just got scammed by "personal money network" today and I guess it was my own fault just because of desperately needing money to pay off some bills. .anyways I guess I learned my lesson but I have a question for anyone here. .when I told them I wanted to cancel the application they told me that they were going to file a report where I could be charged as a felony because supposedly money is waiting for at a western union. .which obviously I don't even have a tracking number nor have I picked up any money. .what should I do? ?

8th of Jun, 2015

I can use my money network payroll card anywhere except redbox. It tells me that it cannot authorize my card whenever I go to check out movies. I had the same problem with the ADP Total Pay card.

• Re
      21st of Jun, 2015

Hey there, Redbox accepts all major credit and debit cards with both a logo and your name encrpyted on the card. If you'd like, please email [email protected] and we'll check into this for you.

• Ty
      5th of Jul, 2015

I was supposed to get payed on July 3, 2015 and so I called them and all they said was that we are having delays with our system, so I called them back the next day... They say that I have 2 separate accounts when I've only made 1 and all of my money went on to the second account they say they are going to send a new card but not close the other accounts or transfer my money to the new card they are going to send me so at this very moment I don't know what to do... This is very annoying!!!

• La
      3rd of Sep, 2015

Does any one have the fax number I am in Ireland and cannot contact there number as it won't accept Irish calls. I am owed 2 grand and need to pay my college fees

4th of Dec, 2015

Getting the runaround here as well... tried making a payment for a prepaid phone system, which was unsuccessful TWICE. The phone company says there is NO charge, but that it could take up to a day for the money to come back to my account. However, our lovely Money Network people try telling me it can take up to three days for the money to be returned. Three days?!? So I wait the three days and call back... as the money has NOT been returned to my card. Now they're saying to 'expedite' I can have my phone company send a faxed letterhead to them to release the money, and it would be released that day.

Someone's GOING to give me my money, either right now or after I swarm social media with how horrible this card company is.

1st of Jan, 2016

My husband and I are going through this now. It's been over a month and we have sent/faced everything they ask for and still they say they never received the fax..can someone point me in the right direction as to where or whom to go to? They are scammers and I'm ready to do whatever it takes amd take action we just don't know who to go to

• Ro
      12th of Jan, 2016

After having my card for 6 years, money network put a hold on my account, stating the name on the card doesn't match the employee name from my employer. I faxed in drivers license, engineer license, bills with my address and name, pay stubs and after two weeks I still can not get my money! My bills are now behind, I don't know what to do. This is a scam!!

26th of Feb, 2016

What a scam, run from ADP Total Pay Card, Money Network, Metabank Cardholder services. Mimi's cafe messed up her SS# so card can't be used for her wages. Called them we faxed info but they gave us wrong fax number, we then refaxed but they said they couldn't look it up. It's been weeks, sometimes they put on hold and hang up. Won't give us to a supervisor or manager, will not give out names or phone numbers to call back so you have to go through same broken system every time. Horrible customer service, worst I ever seen. Unbelievable. Run from them. Report to every BBB and state agency.

• La
      18th of Mar, 2016

I'm so upset today March 18th 2016 I've received a paycheck in my account $516 and when I woke up it was only $50 in my account they told me that it was a glitch in the system and there's nothing they can do about it they will investigate it I'm telling them that I live paycheck to paycheck and have 5 children I work very hard for my money my child needs Pampers food and I have a bill that needs to be paid today and if I don't pay I have a late payment fee 00 $50 what am I supposed to do about that they told me there's nothing that they can do 3290 days to investigate but that's my hard earned on money this company needs to be shut down immediately or more laws need to be passed by the government on how they can do customers let's all get together and send a complaint 2 the court system or two the government

• El
      29th of Mar, 2016

One of money networks card machines did not dispense my money when it was suppose to. I called them and told them and they said they could not do a provisional credit they had to send a dispute form wgich i would not get until 3-5 days. Of course i told them i know that they could do a provisional credit but this same SUPERVISOR BENJAMIN said they could not!!! So now im calli ng a lawyer for a lawsuit against money network. I URGE EVERYONE WHO HAS A DIRECT DEPOSIT WITH MONEY NETWORK TO SHUT YOUR ACCOUNTS DOWN BECAUSE THEY ARE STEALING PEOPLE'S MONEY..!!!