Mitchum Smart Solid Anti - Perspirant & Deodorant / Crumbling Mitchum

My mitchum smart solid unscented crumbled half way through usage twice in 2 times I have used it. Thats 100% failure rate!! What ever happened to the original unscented solid. Revlon... I am very unhappy!!!

Va

Comments

• Gr
      22nd of Apr, 2008

I am unable to find the original Mitchum solid in my area. I have tried the "so called" Smart Solid and it cakes up under my arm pits. I can't wash it off and I literally have to peel it off, which is quite uncomfortable. I also tried the Gel version but it isn't effective on me. Would you please bring back the old version? I have quit using your products due to these problems but would love to start using the old version again!!

• Ju
      28th of Apr, 2008

I have been using Mitchum for many years without any problems. However, recently I have found that no matter which type I use 0f Mitchum, it is staining my shirts. I'm very unhappy about this occurrence as it has become a very costly matter. Have you changed the formular? I would like to further discuss this matter with you. Thank you.

17th of Sep, 2008

The "crumbling" of the solid has happened to me twice and also to my daughter. I have been very dissatisfied with Mitchum products. I have tried the solid scented, unscented and also the gel. None of them have worked for me. The crumbling aspect of the solid was the last straw for me.

• De
      2nd of Nov, 2008

I have just recently purchased 2 smart solid anti-perspirants.I threw them both away after only 1 attempt to use.My underarms were a gooey mess.I suffered thru an 8 hour workday with shirt and tie.
    the first thing i did when i got home was shower.I haven't purchased a Mitchum product for years but have always felt like Mitchum was one of the better products.Very disappointed.Denny McQuaid

• Ni
      10th of Feb, 2009

Ok people... I finally found a phone number to contact Mitchum about their lousy product! Make sure to save the deoderant because they will only refund your money if you have the code on the bottom of the tube.

1-800-437-8566

Good luck!

• Th
      28th of May, 2009

I have used Mitchum products for years and have always been satisfied. The new product, Smart Solid, is a disaster. Seems to work effectively enough, but crumbles to pieces after using only 50% of the product. I've tried to keep it "rolled down" so that not too much of the product is exposed, but that doesn't seem to help. I called Revlon Consumer Help Line 1-888-8-MITCHUM and they were very gracious. Asked a few questions, then offered to send a replacement Mitchum product of my choosing.

• Br
      27th of Jun, 2009

I ripped a piece off of my finger trying to get the @@#%#@$ plastic cover off of the cake of the Smart Solid. Bled off and on for 2 days. Bizarre - a triumph of packaging over common sense. I don't want anything from them. Will just move on.

• Ka
      29th of Jun, 2009

I had used Mitchum for many years but switched for a cheaper brand. I just recently tried Mitchum again. I wish I had read this before my purchase. The crumbling is terrible. Over half the product ends up on the floor every time I use it. I'm going to call and then go out and buy a different brand. Thanks for the info. At least now I know it's just not me. The number I called was on the container: 1-888-864-8248 and yes, you need the numbers of the bottom of the container.

• Ji
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I've had the same problems with Smart Solid Unscented. I've used the old product for years but now I say bring back the original. Twice the stick broke off and landed on the floor. I didn't even have it out very far, just far enough not to scrape my skin. The product does not go on very smooth and seems to dry out very quickly making it difficult to slide. This product is poorly made and will buy something else if the old doesn't come back.

• Ge
      8th of Aug, 2009

As mitchum is the only deodorant that works for me I had to find a solution for the crumbling dilema. After each use I run it under water for a couple of seconds and replace the lid. I solved the problem mitchum deodorant needs to be kept MOIST at all times to prevent crumbling.

• Ea
      1st of Nov, 2009

Mitchum is the only uncented deorant I can find on the shelves, I picked up a 2.5 oz smart solid. Upon reaching home I discovered the container is only filled half way. I went back to the store and found out they were all this way. What is this, another consumer rip off?

• Ld
      4th of Nov, 2009

I decided last night that I was going to write to Revlon and complain. I used Mitchum solid for years, it was my favorite deodorant because I did not have to use it everyday. About two years ago I bought the Mitchum Smart Solid for Women and was frustrated when less than half way through it, a huge chunk broke off leaving little left. I threw it away and purchased other brands.
    A couple months ago, I decided to try it again thinking it must have been a fluke and last night I was proved wrong as the exact same thing happened! I am done!

• El
      18th of Feb, 2010

I've used Mitchum solid for women for 15 years. In the last few years the product, inappropriately named "smart solid" has crumbled after the second use and each subsequent use, does not protect nearly as strong as it did before, stains clothing and is overall a much poorer product. The crumbling is really what sent me to search for a new deodorant/anti-perspirant. Mitchum - you should have stuck with the formula that worked! - Elena

• De
      18th of Feb, 2010

First let me start by saying I love the smell of the Mitchum Smart Solid Rosepetal but WOW can it be made more horribly!?! The very first use it great then from there its all downhill. Maybe I'm strange but I like using deordorant every day (lol) and not able to that with his product, I had to leave the house early and stop at the drug store to get another product because my "smart solid" is in pieces on the floor. what's the deal!!??!! Some of these post are very very old and still the product is being sold as a crappy mess, do they not listen to the people that are buying their product? NOT GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICE MITHUM REPS. I thought the first time I purchased the "smart solid" and it fell apart that maybe it was a fluck so I bought another one and the same thing happened so now I learned my lesson and will go back to using Secret.

• Li
      17th of Aug, 2010

I loved Mitchum women's solid in the powder scent. Not too strong a scent (I'm very scent sensitive) and worked great. However, when it got harder and harder to find, I tried the SmartSolid. As all of the others before me have posted, I got half way down and it started crumbling and it caked when I put it on. Didn't dry very fast either. I agree that this is not the best way to do business. If you have a great product, why change it? I wish they would bring back the old solid.

• Lu
      16th of Sep, 2010

I have the Mitchum Smart Solid unscented and it just crumbles and crumbles. i had bought 3, and used two of them...both have crumbled. all over the floor and onto my clothes..it's aweful. and the worst part is, it doesn't seem to be even working as a deodorant!!!

• Dr
      16th of Jan, 2011

I am one VERY unhappy 30 year loyal buyer of teh old Solid. Give up folks. Sadly, Revlon took them over and D/C 'ed the old version; they are obviously less concerned about quality than profit margin. I tried and HATED the crumbly power solid too, and the gel is STICKY; YUK! I won't be buying EITHER of them. Once burned, twice shy/Twice burned, OVER it!

You can still get the Old Mitchum Solid on amazon, BUT probably not for long, as it was likely an "Unload" ~~ Good Luck!

3/$10.95 + shipping...

• Dr
      16th of Jan, 2011

REVLON!!! IS anyone listening, there??????????????? The old product was PERFECT! Bring it BACK!

• Da
      16th of Mar, 2011

Bring back the original Mitchum please!!! I tried the different mitchums and the best is the original unscented. The smart solid is sticky. Rather than throw it away I'm using it and following it with baby powder so I don't feel like I have Elmer's glue stick under my arms. I didn't know it was being phased out. If I had I would have purchased a supply. As it was I was buying 6 to 10 at a time from Drugstore.com because I could not reliably find it when I needed it. Now they are out.

Which genius at the company made the decision to discontinue the product????

21st of Mar, 2011

Just got off the Chat with someone at Revlon (she was nice - I'll say that) - and will chime in here about my discouragement now too over the change in what was, for me, a wonderful product. I found I'm allergic to their new gel versions - and now understand that the "old" formula that we're all talking about has indeed been discontinued. To say I'm a little heart-sick at losing yet another reliable stand-by in my world is to put it too mildly. On the half chance that anybody at Revlon ever finds this thread - I'll add my support to the request that the old formula is by far the most desirable! When my current stash of the old product runs out, I'll be looking elsewhere - unless or until we publically hear that they've seen the light and are offering it again. Thanks!