Mitchum Deodorant / I do not recommend this product!
Why isn't this on the news and taken off the shelves?? I too am another loyal LAB RAT consumer of Mitchum Deodorant and have been using it for 20 years. Purchased a new bottle of roll on, and after use, my armpits were painfully, swollen to the point they apppeared to have puckered, It felt like a the sting of a 1000 scorpions and looked like someone took a belt sander to my underarms! This is by far the most pain I have felt. I couldn't take my bra or shirt off by myself it was that bad. My panicing made me sweat which made it even worse. This is no laughing matter. Took a bath in an attempt to neutralize the swelling, it only helped while I was in the water. After a bath, I rsearched the ingredients, Wikipedia notes: Mitchum is a brand of antiperspirant-deodorant, launched in 1970 by Revlon. It is widely known for its marketing slogan, "So effective you can skip a day".
The gel version of their product used to contain 20% of the anti-perspirant Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex Gly. The formula has since been changed to Aluminum Sesquichlorohydrate, and the slogan "So effective you could skip a day" has been dropped.
Slogan should read, the pain is so bad, you wish your arms would fall off!
Next I looked up: Aluminum Sesquichlorohydrate. Adverse side effects, toxic elements, alzheimer's, cancer, renal warning. Ok enough for me, I'll rub raw onions under my arms before I use this product again. If I lived in NY, I'd stand outside REVLON OFFICE and show the world my rashy pits!
I do not recommend this product!
More Mitchum Deodorant Complaints & Reviews
- Mitchum Smart Solid Anti - Perspirant & Deodorant - Crumbling Mitchum 
- Mitchum - Deodorant Sensitive Skin - Bleached marks on my shirt 
- Mitchum Deodorant - Crumbles immediately! 
- Mitchum -Gel deodorant - Bleaching 
- Mitchum Cool Dry and Gel Deodorant - Horrible products! 
- Mitchum - complaint
- Mitchum - mitchum deodorant spray can
- Mitchum - women 48hr solid
- Mitchum Triple Odor Defense - mitchum triple odor defense 
- Mitchum for Men - the gel version now drips out onto the floor when I put it on.