Midland Credit Management / Unauthorized charges

Midland keep harassing me about a 6 years old fraudulent charge on my account it happened when I was overseas for 10 month, I have a police report and passport proof, they kept threatening and harassing me even after I sent them all the proofs, Are we the consumers protected against companies like Midland? their answer is: it is on your social security number so it is your debt and you must pay it, they keep selling the account to new agencies and after sending all the proofs again, it seems like the new agencies send my account back to midland... to sell again or to keep reporting it, they took it way personal with me (or at least that's how I feel), and it shouldn't be this way.

Why should I pay what I don't owe and why it is so hard to comprehend it?

Va

Comments

• Va
      21st of Nov, 2008

I received a report from Credit Inform alerting me to possible fraudulent activity. They listed an account with Midland Credit Management of San Diego. I've never done business with anyone in San Diego and have no knowledge of any outstanding accounts in the amount of $8017.

• La
      21st of Nov, 2008

DO NOT IGNORE IT - FIGHT IT

Midland is a Junk Debt Buyer and the absolute worst in regards to violating FDCPA law.

Do the research http://budhibbs.com/debtcollectorpages/midland_credit_management.htm

They buy old out of statute debts that legally cannot be collected on for pennies on the dollar. then try to collect the full amount or more from you

Be careful because they are trying to use arbitration to get settlements that they cannot get in court. arbitration is another scam - as they always side with the collection agency - who is paying the arbitrators salary.

• Am
      24th of Jul, 2009

Is anyone else being sued by these ###s for an account that is not yours? I have every intention of taking them on and winning. I cannnot understand how someone can use such underhanded tricks to get people to pay off debts that do not belong to them. I can't wait to see the look on their faces when they tell the judge that they presented old bills as proof. That could not have happened because 1) The account was not mine and 2) they sent me an excel spreadsheet with a column titled Date of Payment. The whole column was labeld as "no payment received" supposedly for years. How lame. I will give you an update as to the outcome of my case.

AmbitNY