Midas / improper repairs!

1 2107 23RD AVE SOUTHSeattle, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 206-329-9455

I've gone to Midas for a while now, because I live down the street from it, but every time I go and get something done it ends up a catastrophe. First thing that went wrong was, I went to get my break pads replaced, it ended up that I needed a whole new break system , shoes, pads, and rotors. I was like, "fine if it needs to be replaced, replace it". Little did I know that whatever they did to my breaks, it never felt the same (I've put over 100,000 miles on my car and I never had problems with the breaks until MIDAS replaced them.) There was several squeaks and had to excessive pressure on the break petal to stop. I went back 3 times to try to get them to fix what was wrong, but they told me that everything was safe and fine. Another thing that went wrong was when I was driving and my alternator breaks off.(Yeah, I don't know how that happens, but Midas said that it was a bolt that they tensioned that was holding the alternator on snapped off) That stems from MIDAS putting in a new pulley that was making a squeaking noise. The last thing that happened was when MIDAS sent me a coupon for a free oil change and tire rotation.(After all that's happened I figured, "how can they mess up an oil change and tire rotation") I was wrong. Got the oil change and tire rotation and drove off. While I was driving I noticed a gas and exhaust smell in the cab of the car, with the windows up, but didn't think much of it at first. So i drive probably about 4 miles and the smell doesn't seem to want to go away, so I go home and pop my hood. Looking under the hood, I find that MIDAS didn't put my oil cap back on. There's oil spewed everywhere in the engine compartment. Thankfully I caught that because my alternator was splattered with oil, and that wouldn't of been fun if it caught fire. That's not even mentioning all the other electrical stuff that was covered in oil, and could of potentially caught fire. DO NOT GO TO THIS MIDAS THERE IS RISK OF MAJOR DAMAGE.

Comments

• Te
      8th of Dec, 2012

Uh yeah dude, it's "brakes" and "pedal" . You're no spelling expert but at least you know what will catch fire under that hood. Go to another repair shop from now on and see if your car becomes perfect without any issues ever again :) . I'm being serious go to another shop.