Microsoft Xbox 360 / extended warranty

Bought extended warranty. Disc door frequently gets stuck and machine has frequent disc read errors. Took it in and tech went to verify my claims. The tech observed the disc drive door was stuck, and he put pressure against on side of the door to get it to open. Tech was not able to see any disc read errors because he used a game that did not stream data from the disc.
He said he couldn\'t replace the system because he had to see the disc read error. I asked for the manager. Manager came over and explanined they needed to see the problem. I can understand that, there are a lot of dishonest people. So I said the disc door getting stuck was a malfunction and the manager agreed and asked the tech if he could verify that the door was getting stuck. The tech flat out lied and said \'I just pushed the eject button and it opened\'. When I tried it again, the door did open with the manager there (of course). So I then asked the tech point blank, \"when you first hooked up the xbox and hit the eject button, was the disc door stuck\". The tech gave the same reply, \'I hit the button and it opened\'. He would not answer yes or no. So I wound up not getting my xbox replaced because the tech lied and would not be honest about the malfunctioning drive door he observed.
I tried to escalate the problem to corporate, but they just kept referring me back to the store manager. Fry\'s replies on bulk sales, and don\'t care about the occasional burned customer. They can afford to lose business from the occasional customer. I have since not shopped at Fry\'s, instead purchasing all my games at stores with real customer support services.

Mi

Comments

• Mi
      27th of Jul, 2008

This should have been under complaints about Fry's Electronics, not Microsoft.

• Da
      12th of Aug, 2012

Hi, you might not read this, but my xbox 360 slim isnt working right and i want to bring it to Fry's for a refund. I have the 2 year warranty, do i need the reciept?