MetroRail/Prasa / Total Lack Of Service Delivery & Total Disregard Of It's Customers Grieviences.
I live in Daveyton, on the East Rand (Ekurhuleni) & I'm definitely fed up with the way Metrorail treats it's customers or commuters if I may say so.
I normally catch train 8816, from Daveyton to Joburg every morning at 05H50, but for the past three weeks the train that I normally use in the mornings hasn't shown up & to make matters worse no one seems to care about coz when you go to the ticket offices at the station to find out the cause for that, no one seems to know what's happening. Their explanation is that the comes Braamfontein & they don't know anything about what's going on. If you miss the 05H50 train you have wait for the 06H05.
That is not a problem coz the difference is only 15 minutes, that one doesn't take you to Joburg. It takes you to Dunswart, which is six stations away from Daveyton & we have another 17 staions to Joburg. It dumps us there & we have to wait for a train from Springs to Joburg 25 to 50 minutes & sometimes more than that coz at times doesn't show & as usual there's never an explanation.
For some of us it's difficult to take a taxi to Joburg coz I use 3 modes of transport to get to work, which is Joburg. From home I take a taxi to the sattion, from there I catch a train & from Joburg central I take a bus. I feel that this is unfair coz this is definitely a daylight robbery. First of all these people take our hard earned money in advance, before we even get any service & in return they don't even give us the service that they are supposed to provide to us. You don't even get a refund & you are expected to find alternative transport, which by the way you have to fund it from your own pocket. Last week my girlfriend called their customer care number & she spoke to one lady there who arrogantly told her that, "Your complaint is no use, coz it's just you". The next day we requested petition forms from their offices, we two forms which everyone was happy to put their signatures as a sign of action towards their unacceptable service, but now two weeks later nothing has happened. What are my rights in this regard coz I want to take action? Daveyton has been getting a crappy service lately when it comes to trains service.
More MetroRail/Prasa Complaints & Reviews
- Metrorail - Pathetic and life threatening services 
- MetroRail/Prasa - Tshwane Business Express 
- Prasa/Metrorail - Bad service
- Prasa / Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa - wannabe cops at stellenbosch station
- Prasa / Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa - service maintenance
- Prasa / Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa - service and intermidation
- Prasa / Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa - pretoria, tembisa trains
- Prasa / Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa - prasa protection guards
- Prasa / Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa - service delivery
- Prasa / Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa - unethical behaviour