MetroPCS / staff harassment & public ridicule

US Review updated:

I walked into the MetroPCS shop in the Whiskey Bottom Center, All Saints Road Laurel MD yesterday 11.24.2017 at about 3pm to inquire about upgrading my phone and adding another line for my daughter. While I was discussing my options with the lady in the store, another member of staff walks in from outside the store, takes one look at me and starts to yell at me to get out of the store, I couldn't be in the store and that she was going to call the police!!! The suddenness and intensity of the verbal attack was so overwhelming that for the first few seconds, I was shocked into silence. Then I asked her to confirm the identity of the person she thought I was before accusing me as I had never seen her before. Reluctantly, she went into the back office and returned to say she was sorry and she had made a mistake. I left the store in a bid to calm myself down before returning to ask for her name, which she declined to provide. I am still reeling from the effects of this incident and I am at a loss as to why this member of staff would not verify my identity before proceeding to embarrass and ridicule me in such a manner. While I am reluctant to bring this issue into this matter, I feel very strongly that issues of color had a deep effect on her handling of the situation and I am quite unhappy about this. I have been a subscriber for almost a year and my number is [protected].

Ad
Nov 25, 2017

Comments

•   Nov 25, 2017

Did you call and report it to the manager?

• Po
      Nov 25, 2017

She definitely should have been more careful verifying who you were. I wonder if the other customer in question was violent or threatening in some way that caused her to get so excited so fast. Either way, I'm sorry that happened to you.