Metro PCS / Clearcom Wireless / $3 convenience fee

Concord, CA, United States Review updated:

We pay our monthly cellphone bill in cash at Clearcom Wireless, 4701 Clayton Road, Concord Ca. In addition to the $40 cellphone bill we are charged a $3 convenience fee. Clearcom staff tells us that it is a Metro PCS fee that you would pay at any location. Paying an additonal $3 for the priviledge of paying the bill in cash seems illegal - please advise who I can contact for help.

Comments

• Ev
      Oct 27, 2010

I CALLED METRO AND ASKED THEM IF THIER SIGN SAYS "ALL TAXES INCLUDED NO HIDDEN FEES" IS IT NOT FALSE ADVERTISING TO HIT ME WITH A 3 DOLLAR CONVENIENCE CHARGE. I WENT BACK AND FORTH ON THIS GUY ABOUT "WHY AM I BEING PENALIZED FOR PAYING CASH THIS IS UNHEARD OF". THEY JUST WANT ACCESS TO A DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD, OF WHICH I HAVE NEITHER. ITS JUST ANOTHER MOBIL COMPANY LYING AND STICKING TO US FOR 3 BUCKS A MONTH. HE TOLD ME ITS IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. WHICH I DON'T REMEMBER EVEN GETTING FROM THE STORE I WENT TO I CERTANLY DIDNT SIGN ANY SUCH AGREEMENT. ANY LAWYERS OUT THERE WANT TO START A FALSE ADVERTISING CASE???

• Vi
      Mar 04, 2011

the convenince fee is the charge for the company taking the payment, when you walk into a Metro Store it does not mean that Metro is the owner, it is a convenince because their processing your payment. You can mail it your self for no charge or you can make a payment your self online for no charge, now this is 2011 nothing is free, be happy your not paying for air yet.

• Ri
      Feb 28, 2017

@Virginiaalves Well now it's 2016 and I looked up conveneance fee. It states a fee charged for the privilege of paying with a credit credit card. Well I just went in to the metro pics store and paid my bill. And I didn't find out the charged me a $3.00 fee until I got home and read the receipt. I paid In Cash. Fee dose not fall under definition. In my opinion, and last I checked I'm still allowed one, that is theft by deception. Punishable by fine and or imprisonment. When will that happen? You know if I walked in their store and stole $3.00 out of drawer they would have me handcuffed and hauled away in front of god and everybody. We should expect the same treatment of them. How much longer are we as a people going to be ####es of big business? They get away with it because we pay it. Well I didn't pay it they took it without asking me. That's theft. I don't care if they know who I am, I'm sure they already do. Lonnie Graves

Jun 02, 2013

I have the exact same problem going down to the store and paying them cash should be convenient for them Why the hell am I paying a convenience fee.. I agree it should be illegal to charge just for paying your bill at the store.. If it says METRO PCS on the front of the store it doesn't matter who owns it thats just splitting hairs to protect the corporations not the consumers

• Po
      Jun 24, 2015

The convenience fee is extremely inconvenient. I switched from t mobile to metro believing metro was cheaper but its obviously not. I switched my plan from the 50 dollar 4Glte plan to the 40 dollar plan and my total was 38 dollars???? But with the convenience fee added my ending total was 41 dollars??? That makes absolutely NO sense to me. I'm a single parent and was disappointed when i had to give metro my last 3 dollars today. I'm leaving metro and advising anyone i know TO NOT USE METRO PCS. I

• Sp
      Jul 20, 2015

I live in Detroit, Mi and have had card. I pcs since 2006 and everytime I've gone in to pay my bill I've been hit with a convience fee also. This is false advertising on their part and price gouging. I'm thinking of contacting a lawyer about this. It's not fair that I'm going into a metro and have to pay this convience fee. What if I didn't have the $3 but had my bill money your telling me that my bill can't be paid unless I'm using a credit card or debit card and then I'm being charged $2 just to call in and make a payment And online its free with a credit card. I'm hoping something can be done to reimburse people their money back.

• Sp
      Jul 20, 2015

I live in Detroit, Mi and have had metro pcs since 2006 and everytime I've gone in to pay my bill I've been hit with a convience fee also. This is false advertising on their part and price gouging. I'm thinking of contacting a lawyer about this. It's not fair that I'm going into a metro and have to pay this convience fee. What if I didn't have the $3 but had my bill money your telling me that my bill can't be paid unless I'm using a credit card or debit card and then I'm being charged $2 just to call in and make a payment And online its free with a credit card. I'm hoping something can be done to reimburse people their money back.