Metlife India Insurance Company / poor service on all accounts!
I had applied for a term policy after reading that MetLife offered the cheapest term polic, and with an understanding that term policies do not have any fineprint. A month after the medicals were done, I had not heard from the insurance company. I called them up and wrote a complaint to the service mail id. Got a response that the policy has been issued wef the date of the complaint!
Then there was an update that the policy document has been sent via courier. I did not receive it for a month and complained again. I was given a complaint number with an assurance that it would be resolved on priority. A month later, there was still no response and as I write this, it is 3 months since my application and no response to mails, infinite waiting on the phone if you call [protected] and in summary, no policy document.
I have written to the IRDA which assured they had sent the complaint to MetLife but also added IRDA does not get into resolving disputes. I now have written to the Insurance Ombudsman but yet to get a response.
Some price to pay for going for the cheapest.
More Metlife India Insurance Company Complaints & Reviews
- Metlife Disability Insurance - defrauded by disability metlife insurer! 
- MetLife Dental - denied services 
- Metlife Disability - denials of legit std claims 
- Metlife Homeowners - scam and cheating 
- Metlife Disability - denied short-term disability 
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - metlife disability insurance
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - customer service / long term care policies
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - hospital indem,
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - disability claim
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - surrender of life insurance policies