Menards / steel building kit

1 Oak Harbor, OH, United States

We purchased a steel agricultural buildiing kit from Menards in Oregon, Ohio in July 2016. We paid with a cashiers check in full i the amount of $16, 901.62. There were many delays in every aspect of material. Actually the builder we hired has been in contact with the building project manager since September to get the correct material. This is now NOVEMBER 14th and we are still waiting for the correct length in roofing steel, siding steel length and color, downspouts and facia. There is no possible excuse for the absolute neglect that Menards put into this order. It has cost me THOUSANDS of dollars in time and in lost revenue, and in extra cost to my builder because of the incorrect, missing material, and additional construction cost due to misordering and mishandling of my entire purchase from this store. Every contractor in the interim is now put off for insulation and concrete and electric due to an incomplete shell. There is not an excuse for their negligent behavior.
There needs to be monetary restitution to compensate for the lost revenue, added expense, aggravation and hours spent trying to get my material correctly ordered and delivered. My contractor prides himself on starting and finishing jobs without delays... "ONE AND DONE " is on his sign in my yard. There has been NO work done for almost 2 weeks because they dont have material to do any work. This only make us both look bad. Store credit is unacceptable as I do not wish to spend one more CENT in this store.
Our correspondence regarding all the delays have been over the phone with the building manager Keith, and the general manager in building department Marco. I have copies of the continued special orders for steel and other items that they have made on behalf of us at no expense because it was mis-ordered or not ordered correctly the first time. that date as late as November 6th. This is for a FIVE month old paid in full purchase.

• Updated by Jennifer Heggie, Dec 07, 2016

Update to this absolute NIGHTMARE. December 7th and I still have only 2 walls and half a roof. My contractor could NOT wait any longer and had to move to a new job. Menards delivered what they said was ALL of the remaining material while he was gone and assured me we had it all. Today they went to put the siding on the second long wall and guess what? THEY SENT THE WRONG COLOR!!! Are you kidding me? How is it possible to screw up a job with an engineered print that was PAID FOR IN CASH!! No one has been to my job site, no one has offered to compensate my contractor or myself for the incorrect sizes that had to be re manufactured at my contractors expense. And I am now 6 SIX S. I. X. MONTHS post order. Whos going to pay for my lost business? Hmmm? Who is going to pay for my stress, anxiety, and lost sleep over my husbancs retirement money being pissed away on this huge mistake? Menards? Is Menards offering anything? Any compensation or restitution? HELL NO THEY ARENT! Im contacting a business Lawyer if they do not pay up. Merry Christmas my [censor]

Je