Menards / mastercraft doors

1 United States

I bought 12 mastercraft split jam doors. I had to special order them. No issues with this process. The doors arrived quickly and I picked them up and all was good... or so I thought. When the doors arrived on site, they were unpackaged and the doors were removed from the frames for painting. My painter was inexperienced and did not stop to tell anyone of all the problems. The problems are all workmanship. The 45 degree corners on the face frames are sloppy. Some contain 1/8 inch gaps which look like crap. The frames are attached to the jams with huge staples. There is no methodology to how the staples are applied. They are everywhere and many break through the casing... which will cause a problem during door installation. Because I had painted the doors I can't return them. It was then that I went online and researched Mastercraft and realized this company builds nothing but crap. There are hundreds of complaints. I trusted thus company because Menards typically doesn't buy/sell [censored] products. I will never buy Mastercraft again and I will go out of my way to tell people the same. I wish I could get my $900 back. Derek at [protected]@gmail.com.

Db