Complaints & Reviews

Menardsinventory/service

Never again will i walk into a Menards anywhere, they don't speak to you when enter the store. Product they say is in-stock ISN'T. Then they don't even try to get you to order it if you want it. This place is worthless. Home Depot and Lowes you have nothing to worry about. You have a shopper for life.

• My husband and I traveled from the northern tip of Stark County to go to Menards in Massillon. I don't know what happened to your experience - We were greeted wonderfully, great customer service, friendly, clear environment and knowledgeable. We'll travel it again real soon, as Lowe's and Home Depot has nothing on Menards. I was so worth the 30 minute drive one way.

menardsie Jul 25, 2009

I work in a WI Menards. I say Hi to people constantly, and many ignore me completely (some even looking at me as if saying hi is odd). You can't tell me 90% of customers even want to be bothered unless they ask for help, that's just a pissy complaint. Besides which, most customers don't WANT to order things out, I get ignored when I even ask half the time...not to mention the fact that a customer couldn't possibly just ask if they can order it.

I say HI to customers, I check the stock and then call the department to see if we have it, and I've check stock for other stores and had them hold stuff for customers. To say we don't make the effort is ridiculous. Every retail store is going to have some level of inventory issues, whether it's due to theft, unrecorded damage, or being rung up wrong in the registers. We do our damndest people!

Menards — why did I agree to work for such a place?

I am currently a cashier at Menards. I have never seen such poor customer service by my superiors. For...

Menards — 14 day return policy

Recently my family has purchased 10's of thousands of dollars remodeling our mothers home. those...

Menards — horrible company

Menards is a terrible company too work for Not steady work unrelaible income they want to own you! No one...

Menards Of Wausau — worst service

I have spent about $7, 000 at menards this past yr alone to remodle my basement and re side my house. I went...

Menards — fraud and scam

I went to menards up in Bloomington and I was looking for a new dryer I was looking to see if they had the...

Menardsservice

I recently shopped at our local Menards store and noticed now that you have to bag your own purchases. I listen to all their advertisements about great service and now this happens, whats next? You might as well be ringing up your own puchases!!! After shopping at this store and spending our money I feel this is the wrong approach to customer service.

• Hi
        highrollinwooded Apr 13, 2009

So...lets go back to the "old" days of a 1x2 counter space instead of conveyor belts, and have the poor cashier(myself!) have to take all your items out of your cart, bag them, and return them to your cart, usually fighting our way throught piles of snack wrappers, kids shoes, coats, etc...Does this sound like an efficient way to do business? It is NOT, hence the belts and self bagging. Quit being a lazy ### and bag it. If you are elderly, disabled, or there is not another guest waiting, 99% of the cashiers can and do bag your items!!!

• Vi
        vicky menards Apr 14, 2009

Maybe if you learn how to spell purchases we can bag them for you. By the way we have been self bagging for years.

sara Jun 06, 2009

at my menards we bag them and so what if you have to at yours its not that big of a deal and lots of stores do that.

• El
        Elmo96 Aug 31, 2009

Serves you right to have to bag your own purchase. People who are @holes deserve to have to bag their stuff after seeing the way they treat employees!!

I can't WAIT to see what people say if we ever install self checkouts there.

Menards In Johnson Creekan employee, blackballing!!!

An employee at the Menards Store in Johnson Creek, John Kutz is blackballing, and telling some of my husbands customers, Wayne Hesse he does not like to refer them to him .It was because one of Johns friend, who sub contracted and worked with my husband.They had a falling out.So now John gives everything to his friend.And degrades my husband, who has been a good customer to Menards for years, one of Wayne's customer was told that they do not like to give Wayne.s name out. Wayne has never done anything to MR.KUTZ.Well, I will not ever buy anything from Menards again, who needs it.Home Depot gets all my business, from now on.John can say want ever he wants, but he works for Menards and does not own it.He may have worked there for years, but all customers should be treated the same.Regardless on you feel about them.They will not even hand his cards out, only John's friends cards.And to tell Wayne's customers that they would, recomend some one else.Well that is all I have to say.I think my husband sent a complaint also.But I wanted my say also.Thank You
      Sincerely Julia Hesse

• Je
          Jeff Crapbill Nov 30, 2008

I know John Kutz and usually he is honest. But, he has a thing for his friend that is not normal (sick) but I'm sure when they split, like they always do, he'll hand out Wayne's cards again.

Thanks

Menardspeople r rude

I work at a menards and cant believe the people we get. I work in the rec department and cant stand half the people i deal with. Ive been threatened, pushed, screamed at, cussed out, you name it. If people come to me and be a complete ### do you think im going to help you. We are understaffed and never have enough people working. People need to chill out and realize this. If someone has to wait an extra 5-10 minutes they freak out. I like my job, but hate the people that shop there. People wonder why they never get help, 90% of the people are complete ###s. Its not our fault if something comes in damaged or has not came it yet. People need to realize this and stop taking it out on the workers. Same goes for returns, its not the workers policy its the stores. Dont take it out on us, were just doing our jobs!

• As
            A Sympathizer Nov 03, 2008

tru dat

Marcia D May 28, 2009

I fyou don't like your job, quit! Working with the public sucks. People are rude, BUT that does not give someone the right to be rude back. Has your mother taught you nothing. If you try to approach people in a positive manner they usually repond that way. People have every right to be mad when they are paying for a product or service that was not recieved. You are not the only person in the world who has rude customers. Get a desk job in a closet if you don't want to deal with people. Otherwise...grow up. I have worked in retail for 20 years and for every bad customer I have I have 25 great ones. I don't let other people's bad days make mine that way. I was a store manager at the Home Depot, I know about the home improvement store business. I also know people at Menard's have bad attitudes and would have never worked for me. Try to keep the other side in mind when you wait on people, or get a new job.

sara Jun 06, 2009

im sorry but i have no sympathy for a selfish whiney customer. what i also hate is how when they know you are on a break and they even say they know and they expect you to just help them and ###. today i was going home and wasnt even in uniform and this stupid old ### gave me this nasty look and i finally asked him what he needed help with after evily staring at me and he kept yelling "i cant hear you! every single time i said something. its rude to expect help when someone is not getting paid and are taking a break or not even working! and marcia D you cant just quit when you have a job there are bills to be paid and this econmy is tough.

Menards — awful place to work in

Menard's inc. is a HORRIBLE place to work the don't care about their guest or there team member...

Menards Minotrip off

I am a local contractor in an area where there are not to many places to get materials, so Menard's is the closest place. I guess the only complaint I have is that every time I order materials for a job (Menard's) will deliver only half of the materials to the job then try to charge me for another delivery.

Oh wait I have another complaint, I went in to order a roof package and the guy I spoke with told me to special order everything I needed so that it would all come in one package. Then after waiting two weeks I called to see if it was there and they told me yes but not all of it.

So I had to wait another two weeks for the rest of it. Well then it finally showed up, Then they told me it would be delivered the following week well that following week arrived and no materials. I just spoke to them and they said there is nothing they could do other than schedule another delivery for a week later.

So now I have been telling the customer that his roof will be done several different times do to Menard's #%&*-ups. This has happened on three different jobs you would think I would know better by now.

Tim,
              Have you spoke to the store manager about the delivery problem? What did he say the reason was for the delivery delay?

• Ka
              Kate Overby Jun 21, 2011

We have also seen the great service at Menards/ Minot! They sell inventory that is not in the warehouse, no one knows where anything is and it took, literally, 3mo to get a replacement window that they informed us was in their magic door #22. After travelling nearly 200mi to pick up the window, on an 80 degree day with an infant in a carseat, I had to help search door #22 for a window that could not be found. Spent all of the day trying to sort this problem out, no one acknowledged an extremely irritable baby and even angrier mom. So furious at the passing of the buck, I told them I was leaving with a window...whether it was mine or not. Horrible service... If Lowes or Home Depot should come into the area, Menards would go belly-up! I did leave with a window that was not what we ordered. Hate to have to do business here, but cannot get competition into Minot. BTW, if you order nice Pella windows, cabinetry or custom countertop here, I have seen how these items are handled in the warehouse. If your incredible Pella window leaks the winter after installation or your countertop suddenly fractures do not be surprised. Alternatives are Menards of Bismark or Lowe's and Home Depot in Billings. If you are purchasing expensive products and need more than a tube of calk, the travel will pay for itself over and over.

• Jg
              jgonyer Aug 07, 2012

I worked for that Minot for about 3 mo, and I'm appalled. I was in the paint Department that ran fine under the manager that was on when I arrived. But she left (conflict of interest) and it all went to pits. None of the managers care about actually taking care of the customers OR their workers, just about getting that extra buck in the bottom line.
              One particular event I remember was an elderly, disabled lady who came in with a 5 gal of paint on her rolling walker. It was watery, and after re-shaking it (company policy to ensure everything blended properly), it was still watery and took a few coats to even begin to coat a paint-stick. The previous manager said I only had to get manager approval and typically with defected buckets like this one, we'd replace it without a hassle. So I went to get the current department manager and he flat-to-my-face, in front of the customer, said "We've never done that." He then turned to the customer and told her that if they handled all the defects in paint, they would rot out the bottom line. The lady (and myself) was so appalled she left the paint and stormed out, telling customers of what transpired on her way out. It was a few weeks later that I stepped out and proceeded to pelt the manager with complaints everytime I came in as a customer. (We were trying to rebuild our flood-damaged home, and it's the only place to get supplies). Nothing ever changed.
              Seriously, I'm surprised the store hasn't been reported. If you look on google, you'll see under the map 3 images that users selected: A broken lightbulb, a CEO laughing and counting the big bucks, and a CEO using big bucks to light a cigar.

Menardsterrible experience

I'm not writing about a bad purchase experience with Menards although I have some if you want them. I'm writing about my experience building a Menards. As a GC we purchase hundreds of thousands of dollars in materials from Menards and I would think that makes us a good customer but apparently there is no such thing with Menards. John Menard has created a company that specializes in walking all over anyone who stands in the way of a profit. I have never had such a hard time getting paid on any job before! We had the entire shell of the building up before they released a single dime! My excavator almost shut down the construction entrance with a his back-*** on the demand that he get paid. They used every excuse and lie to withhold payment. They flat out stole money from my contract and challenged me to try and sue them and their "office full of attorneys". I've never been so mistreated in my life. Maybe all big box stores are the same but for now I will take all my business to anyone but Menards. "Save Dirty Money at Menards" - God bless the little man.

Sam,
                Did your contract say that you would get paid during the construction or when it was 100% done?

angry customer Jan 16, 2009

god bless you too. that really sucks that they couldn't pay you all the while they were misleading and everything but short of stealing from everyone else

• Do
                Dome Sep 04, 2009

Ask why store didn't have motorized carts for handicapped customers.was told it was because of insurance. can not shop there because i can not walk long distance if you had carts i would shop longer and spend more money . so you lose my business and others i am sure. the reason for not having carts is not because of insurance it is not a sufficient reason it is discriminating against the handicap. Lowe's have them so i take the bulk of my needs to their store i like your prices but it is a inconvenience to shop in your store.

• Nb
                nb47mn Nov 09, 2009

I used to work for a Menards in Rochester. They had like maybe one chair for all the people who had trouble walking. I would feel bad or those people and always wondered myself why they are so inconsiderate not only with their employees but also their customers too. That's terrible. I lost my job there this Sunday because they discriminated against me for my gender. They knew I was pregnant and therefore entitled to rights by law to keep my job. It's not that I have become irresponsible; I was just unable to live up to all these expectations in my life. They don't care.

• Bl
                Blah blah blah. Nov 21, 2009

im sorry but if you go to the store alone and are a handicapped...then you need someone else with you...the world isnt suppose to just change at your cost...i work at menards and yeah i feel bad that we dont have a lot of wheelchairs, but handicapped shouldnt be alone in the store...or bring your own goddamn wheelchair...###s...what else do you "special" "privaliged" people need? want us to do your shopping for you? bag your ### at the ###ing "self-bagging service"? wipe your ### and hold your hand around the store? get your ### together and dont shop alone if you need a wheel chair...if you are a handicapped, have a damn chair or walker with you.

• Jr
                JRMO Feb 10, 2013

Welcome to the real world, you pompous, self-centered a**. First, it does not matter whether you spend one dollar or "hundreds of thousands" of dollars, EVERY GUEST is a good guest. Why should you be any more of a "good" guest than the little old lady who spend only $10 for a new toilet seat? The amount of money you spend is completely irrelevant. Do you expect "special" treatment at your grocery store or gas stattion. Try this, you blithering idiot - next time you go to the gas station or grocery store, ask for the manager when you get to the cashier. When the manager arrives at the checkout, tell them that you spend "lots" of money in their establishment, and then ask if they will sell you the gas or milk at last week's sale prices (or a discount) - because you are such a "good customer". Perhaps the irritation you feel at the response you receive will cause a fatal heart attack, leaving more air for intelligent folks to breathe. Second, why would you expect payment BOFORE the job is complete? When you FINISH the job you get paid!!! No-one is going to "release a dime" for a shell of a building - you have unreasonable expectations. Get a life!!!

Menards.comawful service

I bought several items with a check of $120 at Appleton West. Got home found I bought 2 wrong items. Returned the next day and they gave me an in store credit, sent me through check out to repurchase. 2 weeks later, wife returned with $11 of extra unused still packaged project parts while she was in town. They gave her an in store credit claiming she bought items with a gift card even after I told her to expect cash and after an argument with supervisor. I went back, calmly explained all this and received cash and a "I don't know why they did that". We live 30 miles from this store in Ogdensburg, closest store. The person at the store gave me a customer survey slip to send to corporate. I sent it and Arlene sent a letter back stating there store policy is clearly printed on every receipt. What that had to do with my inconvenience is beyond me. The cash I got only paid for gas to go back. What they did was way out of line. I have several other complaints over 20 years of problems I will post here about Menards. Stay tuned...

sandy Aug 31, 2008

I got home didn't have black flag spray i bought i called to tell them cause i couldn't come back in tonight or tomorrow cause i work by time i get off they will be closed it being labor day i called the girl asked me if the door nobs i bought were they in a box or plastic container {i gave her the numbers of bottom of recet} asked what color the bag of potting soil i bought! I asked talked to manager i got hung upon. I called back after the 5th time was talking to the manager while he was talking to some one else i asked him if he was listening he said yes then asked me what was i saying!! Didn't get the spray just rude people.

Menards Guy Oct 03, 2008

You received an in store credit because like all retailers in the United States, checks takes 14 days to clear. If you had waited 14 days you would receive cash. This policy has been the industry standard for 25 years.
                  On the second return I assume you did not have a receipt or the return was still within 14 days of the check being written. Among the competitors Menards has the MOST lenient return policy and continues to be the industry standard for guest service.
                  All return policies are clearly posted above the returns counter and on the back of all receipts.
                  Materforce

Menardsi've never realized

I never realized what a slip shot operation Menards is. I was always a big Menards fan until they built their new BIG Menards. I always felt like I was getting a good deal in the older smaller store; now I see that we the consumers are paying for the newer bigger store. The prices have definitely increased in the goods I used to buy regularly at the old store. Now, I am reading about how Menards is so bottom line money grubbing, not caring about hiring quality knowledgeable employees, not fair to their employees...it sickens me. I think I'll make a switch to the Home Depot.

Will,
                    If you haven't noticed, everything in the world is going up in price. Go ahead and price shop, HD may beat Menards on a few things, but for majority of the items Menards will have them beat. Good luck finding someone who will say hi to ya at depot.

Menards man Nov 26, 2008

What company isn't about putting money on their bottom line? Do your research Will...while prices are going up everywhere, Menards is still the lowest price. And, while we are opening new stores consistantly, HD is closing stores across the country. By the way, Menards cares more about its guests than depot and lowes...they only care about their stock holders.

Menards — I will not be back again

2 months ago I started a simple 12x20 deck project, to my concern about previous menards encounters my wife...

Kenosha Menardsscam and fraud

I am sorry to bother you again, I sent an email in regards to getting rehired with the company, if possible contact me at [protected] or email me. When it comes to working i am a hard and a dependable worker thank you for taking the time to read this i hope i could hear from the company.

Menards — bad customer service

We were building a deck and decided to go to the store a week ahead of time to order the wood. The order wa...

Menards — poor management

I work at the Clive store and have for the last four and a half years. I enjoy the work that I do, but the...

Menards — 1,000 dallor door

My wife picked out a certain type of door with blind inside the glass. I thought we were getting a good door...

Menards — awful treatment

I work at Menards. The way they treat their employees is absolutely awful. It's no wonder that their i...