Menardsgas powered trimmer (lawn mower)

Purchased the unit brought it home. Went to use the trimmer and found out that they didn't include the Oil for the machine. Went to store and purchased oil for the motor and some gas.

Put the motor oil in and filled with gas. Read the booklet on the machine for running/starting. The booklet was different than the machine, the machine had an on off switch vs trottle. Tride to start machine, primed ect... machine didn't start after letting it set between pulls and primes didn't want it to flood. Did this about 30 minutes and went back to the booklet. Read about pulling spark plug (spark plug puller included with purchase). Pulled plug cleaned and replaced. Repeated above and got sick of playing with this new machine.

Brought back machine to menards and this is when true customer service came - I was told since I put gas in the machine they had to handle the return different. Couple people came up and started giving me a third degree on the mower - I told them the above and said I no longer want the machine since I have had all these issues. Continued to get the third degree... including the "manager of the department' telling me that I should have gapped the spark plug when I pulled it, and that everyone who owns and lawn mower should own a "SPARK PLUG GAPPER" I asked if the had a gapper and the guy told me that they had them for sale. I'm pissed off now as this has taken another 30 minutes. I said enough obviously they are not going to help what do I need to do, they told me I needed to to to North Dirkson with the mower. I then said the other store they said no another company. This added to my disbelief. I asked them if this company was open as it was Sunday they said they would check. I then said I wanted to talk with the manager. He said I am the manager, I said I want to talk to the store manager, he went to the phone and talked to someone. Came back a while later and said the manager said to do a refund. I never recieved any remarks from the Menards people on an apology for what their product put me through. My suggestion if they ever read this would be to offer to all their customers a "FREE SPARK PLUG GAPPER" as everyone should have one available.

Sp