Melaleuca / can't cancel
One day after signing up, I learned on the internet what a scam this was. following their instructions I sent a certified letter, FAX and email to cancel. After reading many of the online complaints I tried to cover all bases. On November 22, 2008 I wrote:
"Please cancel my agreement made via internet on Friday November 21, 2008. Please cancel all and any agreements including but not limited to the three that were on the webpage. Cancel any orders, cancel any kits even though I did not make any orders or order anything, please cancel anything and everything that would have to do with me being a buyer, consumer, distributor, member or any other terminology used by your company. To clarify further, I cancel any type of agreement I could have with your company and do not authorize any charges to my credit card. Reason: Research of your company was negative."
Everything seemed OK and surprise - only in March, 2009 a charge showed up (were they hoping I wouldn't notice?) I disputed it with the credit card company and it was reversed. Now in April the same thing. the credit card company got them on a three way call and after reading the content of my letter they said I failed to cancel on their website! The credit card company ate the cost as Melaleuca refused. I agreed with the credit card rep to go online and cancel according to the instructions we were given on the conference call. Guess what? there is no cancel instructions.
finally I was able to cancel at http://myaccount.itapp.net/mymelaleuca/cancel
Real easy to find huh? Even though we were told we could just go to the melaleuca site and easily find the cancelation instructions.
What a scam!
More Melaleuca Complaints & Reviews
- Melaleuca - online scam! 
- Melaleuca - terrible experience! 
- Melaleuca - bought the vitamins and I got very sick from them 
- Melaleuca - points/ dollar amount 
- Melaleuca - do not sign with this company 
- Melaleuca - Missing item on delivery 5758 (Sel Bella Nourishing & Strengthening OIl)
- Melaleuca - being treated unfair and like /i'm thief
- Melaleuca - not environment friendly at all as what said by company 
- Melaleuca - rip offs
- Melaleuca - not impressed