Melaleuca / rip off

I tried to cancel my account after using their vitamins for over 2 years. After not finding a way on their site I called customer service. I was told they needed me to mail in my signature to cancel the account. I asked what would happen if I stopped ordering every month. They told me they would continue to charge me and send me products automatically.

I asked for a supervisor, because I don't need to jump through hoops to cancel an account. The supervisor told me the same thing, stating it was in the agreement I signed. It is in fact at the very end of their 5 page agreement, after two sections of fine print.

I finally gave up with customer service and completed the written document with signature. When trying to locate my account number as required for cancellation, it was nowhere to be found on their site. So I again had to call customer service.

Even though they were more than happy to accept my electronic signature to sign up, they want to delay my cancellation by making t hard to cancel, and making me mail them a hand written document. The is a deceitful practice and people should think twice before signing up for their products.

Va

Comments

• Do
      20th of Oct, 2008

The information to cancel is located just to the right of where you sign the agreement in a big box in bold. It's also in the back of the page that explains the membership (all the details is half a page long) in bold also.

23rd of Nov, 2008

Your customer account number is ALWAYS on your invoice each and every month on the top left of the page.

• Ge
      30th of Jan, 2010

Hi Melaleuca is a good Business to have my business has been good http://getthewealth.net it you have any question about the company. go to my site and email me ...

• Wh
      21st of Mar, 2010

I didn't even have a contract with Melaleuca, and after one order they continued to send me products...depsite a fax explicitly stating I wanted no more products and no further charges to my credit card. Now I've filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and I strongly suggest anyone else with these problems do the same!!

• Ca
      26th of Mar, 2010

I was with Melaleuca for a couple of months and realized this wasn't for me. I sent them a notoarized cancellation letter and then canceled my credit card because I was warned that Melaleuca would continue to keep you stuck with them by shipping and charging you stuff you didn't order. WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW! ITS TRUE!

After notarized hand written cancelation letter and canceled credit card I get confirmation a few days later saying they have recieved cancellation. Then a few days after that I get a email saying products have been shipped. WHY DID THEY DO THAT, THERES NO WAY TO CHARGE ME!

The crap arrived and then came the phone calls crying for there $72 bucks I told them send me the money and I would ship it back because I DIDN'T ORDER THIS! She said there policy was that I ship it back at my expense and she would credit my account. Fine whatever to get you people off of me, so I sent them there stuff back via priority mail with signature confirmatin.

And you know what these extortionist are still call wanting another $7 bucks and change to officially close the acount. PEOPLE STAY THE HECK AWAY!!!

I have all emails and confirmations to verify everyting I went through.