Melaleuca / fraud and scam

I've recently read a string which I believe to be misinformed consumers... I have been a Melaleuca customer (not a sales agent) for more than 6 years now. I can honestly say that my family is one of the healthiest in our neighborhood (my daughter was one of two children with perfect attendance at her school last year). I truly feel that these products are superior to anything else on the market, especially considering the low cost. Prior to purchasing Melaleuca my daughter was in the hospital with RSV, and we all had major allergies (most likely associated with indoor pollution). In the last several years we are the picture of health. To all that are bashing the company... all I can say is maybe you haven't really done your research. In my years with Melaleuca, we've had two shipping errors which were promptly and easily resolved. Customer Service is obviously a priority for this service. Take care and stay HEALTHY!

Va

Comments

• De
      13th of Jan, 2009

My sister in-law has exchanged 2 different items in the short time she has been with this company(few months), on both occasions shipping was free for the replacement items and they didn't require her to send back the unwanted items. One of the exchanges was an acne product that was to strong for her, they sent a different product and gave her a refund. She gave the unwanted acne creme to her brother(which has severe acne) and he had extremely favorable results in just days. 2 BANGS FOR $0 BUCKS... THAT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE A COMPANY THAT IS HARD TO DEAL WITH!!! Unlike the majority these days with awful CUSTOMER SERVICE, I'm lucky to get a correct order from the drive thru 75% of the time.

• Ri
      28th of Jan, 2009

What low costs? Melaleuca first of all is kind of expensive, if you consider those people that count their pennies like my self Meleleuca products are not cheap you have to be honest too you know. And based upon of what I read on this site and other sites as well, Melaleuca's method of doing business regarding credit card charges without a warning to your account is unacceptable and bad business; furthermore, not only making credit card charges without a warning, but making it difficult for people to cancel their account and get thier money back sending them into a wild goose chase having them make phone calls and faxes (that in some cases they don't recieve) while still charging your account and sending unwanted items to your home. That's all just bad business, or just a bad experience.

• Ci
      18th of Mar, 2009

If you read all the complaints on Melaleuca carefully, they are not about sending the wrong items or sending to the wrong addresses, etc. The complaints here and other places online are mostly about unauthorized credit card charges, their autoship program and how hard it is to close an account.

Melaleuca makes you jump through hoops to cancel an account. If they happily allow electronic signature when signing up to be a Preferred Member, why can't they accept electronic signature when you want to close your account? Why make it SO hard to cancel an account? You have to call, fax and/or mail your signed letter by the 25th of the month to close an account. They also make it hard to send the items back. The following complaint sums it up well:
    Obviously, Melaleuca does this on purpose to delay the process of cancellation, so they can suck more money out of their customers. They may have some great products (though it can be expensive to folks like myself who is frugal). However, I agree their business side is not very ethical. To be fair, I don't think Melaleuca is a pyramid scheme. It is a legit MLM company. However, I think their stuff can be a rip-off.

• Pr
      26th of Jul, 2009

Since Melaleuca depends on people to market directly to others, you will always have the potential of people not explaining how it works properly. I'm pretty sure every compaint i have ever seen online can be traced back to an original person presenting it wrong in the first place, not a fult of the company.

You get a lot of benifits from being a committed monthly customer and by singing up, you are indeed committing to 35 points of product a month. When I enroll people, believe me, they are very clear on that. I have then repeat it back to me a couple times as we go to be sure they grasp it even.

It's not the "deep dark secret" that people on here try to make it out to be, it's simply what Melaleuca requires if you are going to be "Preferred" and get all the benifits of that. My family stuggles to stay under 200 points a month for goodness sakes, 35 is childsplay if you indeed do switch stores like you are agreeing to do.

When you commit to the monthly minimum, they respond by giving you discounts and loads of other nice benifits. Unfortunately, some people dont disclose this properly in the presentation and people sign up with the wrong impression. Then when they don't order like they leagally agreed to do, they do get the automatic order and Melaleuca (like any other company on earth) charges for their product.

This creates the situations you read about on here.

As with anything in life, there are great honest people haveing wonderful success with Melaleuca. Saddly, there are also people who like to cut corners and not explain things fully.

I can't control anyone else but I can assure everyone reading that if you enroll in Melaleuca, and you read everything in your business kit from start to finish, and you do things to the letter as the company lays it out for you to do, you will indeed be very sucessful.

Melaleuca must be judged on what it laims itself to be, if I can help in that process for you, I'd be happy to.

Mark
    markloribusiness at gmail dot com

• Ba
      10th of Mar, 2010

I know of several people that have canceled their "preffered" status with Melaleuca and had NO PROBLEM in doing it. ( kind of a bummer losing them ) but it wasn't for them. The 35 point commitment that was agreed to is not a rip/off, it's actually DESIGNED specifically to save you money.
    Even the most frugal of people have to agree that spending $50-$60 dollars a month to have safer and in most cases more effective productS in there home is much better than spending $100-$300 dollars on less effective product each month.
    If you were to take an honest look at what you are really spending on (ALL) of these products you would realize that THERE REALLY IS NO WAY TO FIND A BETTER BUSINESS OR PRODUCT!!!

If you want to save money and get great products contact me thru my website

• Se
      5th of Apr, 2010

Well, seems so much anger but no one taking responsibility...

When you join you AUTHORIZE Melaleuca to charge you CC and send you a backup order. Some may say that is wrong but I know of one Melaleuca member who forgot to order one month and had so much fun getting the box (not knowing what to expect) he didn't order on purpose for 18 months, having fun each month seeing what was sent. The company knows their products last and last so they make sure you get different things each month so you don't end up with a back log.

I wonder if the people with these negative comments are being really fair to the company and true to their experiences. This company would not have been around so long with such an outstanding track record if the pattern was as described in some of these negative comments.

Either way, blessings and wellness to all.

8th of Dec, 2010

I was a Melaleuca rep for a short period of time and had to, due to circumstances, give it up. I miss the products like crazy. There is nothingout there on the market that compares either in quality or price. It is made very clear what the process is and how your cc is charged. This should not be a suprise to anyone unless YOU'RE not listening to what the rep is telling you. So many people get involved with things and then are suprised when what they were told comes to fruition. People need to pay attention and read the information you're given. I am very seriously thinking about getting back into it. I have yet to find a stain spray or laundry detergent that works even half as well.

• Th
      12th of Mar, 2011

It is WRONG for them to make it so impossible to cancel your subscription. PERIOD.

• Tr
      12th of Mar, 2011

I've cancelled twice before and am in for my third time. You want out you just download the form fax it in and your done. Both times I was cancelled the same day I faxed it in. I'm sorry this is such a giant chore that you find it impossible.

• To
      17th of Feb, 2012

Fraud, Scam or whatever people say really doesn’t matter. Or maybe, people don’t read the “out clause” or terms and conditions before signing their name on the dotted line. It does not matter. Here are the Facts about Melaleuca, they sold over a BILLION DOLLARS last year worth of products, so people must like their products, right? Nowadays, no matter what business you go into, it’s products, products, products.

Pyramid systems have been outlawed in the US a long time ago and they don’t even sell any products at all. Melaleuca has over 350 products. Don’t let people mislead you; this is NOT MLM or no “break aways.” Melaleuca works because they don’t advertise and don’t have any distributors (buy products to sell). All we do is word of mouth advertising, you like the product you share it! In turn, we are paid just for referring people to Melaleuca and helping them register and that’s it! The savings in advertising is their revenue sharing program, simple. We have no inventory control, no billing, no carrying of products. We are paid on immediate commissions with several tiers of bonuses and handsome residual income, how GREAT is that!

This is not a lottery, people work at it. If you can find a system that will make you money without working for it, let me know, I’m interested. They have paid out over 2.8 Billion in commissions to regular people out there in the past 27 yrs. What is really great about Melaleuca is they genuinely want to HELP. This is Very Rare for a corporate identity. Helping people better their health; getting them out of debt; having a good personal life and preserving our environment for our children, is that a BAD goal to have?

This is more than a business for most of us. You really have to experience Melaleuca, and when you do, you too would fall in love with them, just like the more than 850 thousand families that have joined them. Sorry, but it’s hard to find sad story’s telling lies here. What you will find are people’s experiences in how lives have changed because of Melaleuca. If you have time, take a peek at this http://youtu.be/F3FewVDiFkw

A Successful Melaleuca breeds successful people and it’s not too late to team up with us. If you want to succeed and willing to work and if you think you are coachable, “We Will Help” because Melaleuca wants us to. We are just starting, when a laid off woman made about $ 84, 000 in less than a year, you know it works.

Facts are facts but if you have more questions, give me a call anytime; Tony 408-771-0296. If NOT, then, Good Luck on your travels and I hope you find contentment!