Melaleuca / scam charges

I wrote a review back in May about Melalueca it was titled They wont let you cancel once you joined and still try to charge!! I was pretty heated about the whole ordeal. Since then I have gotten Some people post comments that were way out of line, Saying if you were more calm and understanding about it they would have helped you! In my defense I was very patient with everyone, i understood the situation. yes i was at some fault for dealing with my 2 and 1 year old at the time of the 10 min. phone recording once you joined about cancellation and the process i even told her just call back in 10 min! and yes i was at fault for giving in and joining when i really didn't want to. But, I didn't want to owe money in the first place so why be mean to people who were trying to help resolve the whole issue? i did get some very rude people they would call until 11 at night saying that if i didn't pay it, it was going on my credit report. Some of the people i talked to were very kind! Others not so much I joined on the 12th of March.

I repeatedly talk to my sponsor via instant message and e-mail and even phone. when i told her i wanted to cancel on the 20th which was 8 days later she never once said by the 25th. I had actually called the company itself to cancel. Like i said i called every time after I faxed the letter to make sure they got it on the 24th almost 7 times. I have heard people saying that oh they did you a favor by letting you fax it. but obviously it didn't do me any good because 6 hours later and 10 dollars out the letters never got there.

I also mailed about 3 letters! not even days apart from each other. The only one they got was the registered one I sent and paid 5 dollars to send it! So yes there was a few really kind service people and i told them they were for trying to help! But the harassing phone calls and a 18 dollar debt collection later I think was over the limit. More power to you if you love the Company or been with them for years! i am not saying everyone who work with them are bad just they do have some very rude people who have no respect for honest mistakes.So before you respond about how i didn't take the time to be nice or i should have thanked people for trying to help, know the situation. and everyone has different experiences and that is what this site is for to list the good and the Bad and mine was one of the bad.

You want to respond being rude go ahead! because if you want to help delete it from my credit report i still have all the paper work and who i talked to filed in my office. I even have smilies written by the people who were nice and tried to help i have written the names of representatives that called at like i said 11 at night using threats about my credit report trying to get me to pay it. So if you want to look at me file go ahead. But don't respond saying it was my fault when all you heard was just the events i went through with the situation! I actually spent more trying to cancel than what they charged on my credit report. I am not some Irrate Crazy lunatic who just wants to down a company. wrote my experience and how it happen. If you want to stick up for the company thats okay but let people write the good or bad reviews without the whole "justice league ordeal."it is our right to write our experiences and there is a bad side to every company!

Va

Comments

• Ni
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I am a customer and I agree the process should not get that difficult since they are risk free. I hear about so many people succeeding in the company.But they still have some things to work on and so does every company . I herd stories about how far the company has come from what it was 20 years ago. I love all the products so far and I hope that everyone who has a problem with them works everything out. I respect this lady for telling the truth here and that's all I did as well.

• Ti
      18th of Jun, 2009

About 6 years ago my daughter and I were customers of Melaleuca.We had trouble cancelling our buisness with them.We had to send registered letters from Canada since we live in SK. They gave us a hassle. They wouldnt let us out. It was making me ill so i had to use the line about getting my lawyer after them.I would have if needed but I was finally left alone. My daughter was still getting orders from them for months after. She would return them and they kept charging her for them. Then they quit sending them and still kept charging. She finally got her bank to stop the payments but thats only good for a year at a time.Theyve tried to get the money every year since in fact they just tried a few days ago.Every year it costs her. Michelle

• Te
      8th of Jul, 2009

My wife got scammed into signing up for this after a so called “friend” saw her on Face book. She no sooner said hi when she was cajoling her into joining this pyramid scheme. That’s how they make their money, signing as many people as they can. Besides having outrageous prices ($26 for nothing more that a 16oz. bottle of glorified Lysol, or over $70 a month for their non FDA approved vitamins, $20 for 10 breakfast bars), when inquiring how to get out of this scheme, I got hassled by a snotty saleslady ("Director') out of Blaine, MN. (initials S.W.)who called the cops on me for asking honest questions about how to quit which she wouldn’t answer! Plus they automatically charge your credit card a $60 minimum a month even if you don’t order anything. They just pick out some crap and send it. From what I read on other posts, it's very difficult to quit this pyramid scheme, having to send them certified letters and hoping it reaches the right people.

I would definitely steer clear of this outfit.

• 2n
      11th of Jul, 2009

i went to there website. it took some digging but, if you paid w/your credit card you may have a case. If you go to the website below, they have a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee

print it out; and if you have any recent charges from the seller send it/them back the product (talk to them 1st though, and keep your cool.) When you send it back get a tracking #.
    If they don't give you a credit dispute the charge w/you card co. for misrepresentation and send the print out along with you letter to the card co. Good luck.

• To
      22nd of Jul, 2009

The idiot that posted this has no idea what he is talking about. When you join the company as a preferred customer, you agree to a monthly order of products totaling approximately 60 per month. You can quit any time. In order to protect the integrity of the deal, the company auto ships a set amt of products matching the point level you would be as a preferred customer. Simple. Don't order, you get a drop ship. If you don't want to order, quit via fax by 25th of the month, and thats it.

This is an excellent, first rate company. Are mistakes made? of course, humans run it. They have consistently provided me with excellent, safe products, unlike the cancer-causing Lysol above. Stop being an ### and get a life.

13th of Aug, 2009

The most telling line in this thread is when the OP says that someone had to call the cops on him. To me that says all I need to know.

13th of Aug, 2009

Im not sure what you mean by the whole "justice league ordeal" but I'm all for honest situations being posted on boards like this one for sure... what I get tired of is people spinning their own ignorance or their own foolishness into a complaint against someone else.

If you truly mailed a letter and if they got it on or before the 25th and they did not cancel you like they say in writing that they will do, then I agree, you certainly have an honest compaint for sure.

Saddly, the vast majority of people on here with their "complaints" don't share your ability to own their side of the issue such as understanding what they signed, etc.

Melaleuca puts it all in writing both on their web site and in the welcome kit that every single customer recieves. What Melaleuca cant do is force each person to read and understand what they are signing. I believe that burden shold fall on the one signing up.

• Ca
      1st of Sep, 2009

That's really not true. I was a member for years and easily cancelled. All you have to do is follow the steps outlined in the materials you are given. Written notice is all they ask for, really not too much to ask.

• Yr
      30th of Sep, 2009

It wasn't that easy! I faxed a written letter and recieved confirmation two days letter stating they closed it. Then the following month they charged my other credit card that I had know idea how they got it!!!

• Mo
      21st of Dec, 2009

How on Earth could they get a credit card you didn't give them? I think you're making that up!

Glorified bottle of Lysol? Really? Sniff some Lysol and tell me what happens? Google an ingredient and tell me it can't kill you. Not the case with their products.

The FDA only tells manufacturers that they have to list what ingredients are in their product. What other vitamins are actually FDA approved? Vitamins follow FDA GMP (good manufacturing practices). They are regulated but not approved so you should be careful how you word your complaint. Take the time to research things before you state it. The manufacturer doesn't have to tell you the level of solubility, but Melaleuca tells you...over 85%!

Also, as long as you follow Melaleuca's written policy to cancel your membership...that's it. There's nothing hidden about it. I've read so many of these same types of complaints and I think it is ridiculous that people sit there and whine about things they should have known in the first place before ever giving anyone their personal/credit card information.

• Ne
      11th of Jan, 2010

I think this complaint is all a bunch of crap. For those of you who have actually taken the time to read this far into this website please notice that most of these are just copied and reprinted several times under several different email addresses. They may be slightly changed but this is just someone who is vicious and has nothing better to do than to try to influence a stranger with their twisted stories.

• Ge
      30th of Jan, 2010

Hi Melaleuca is a good Business to have my business has been good http://getthewealth.net it you have any question about the company. go to my site and email me ...

• Ba
      10th of Mar, 2010

this one was awesome!!! dude get a grip on reality. your whole story sounds like an episode of the twilight zone. THANK YOU for sharing it...BUT SIT DOWN.
    For anyone that would like honest information contact me

or

backdoorsuccess@gmail.com

Bob Dickerson

• Ke
      17th of Mar, 2010

What is a pyramid scheme????? Where do you work? All we do is share our experiences. Everything is a pyramid. Do you have a boss, does your boss have a boss, and so on. I think you work for a pyramid scheme.

• Ca
      26th of Mar, 2010

I was with Melaleuca for a couple of months and realized this wasn't for me. I sent them a notoarized cancellation letter and then canceled my credit card because I was warned that Melaleuca would continue to keep you stuck with them by shipping and charging you stuff you didn't order. WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW! ITS TRUE!

After notarized hand written cancelation letter and canceled credit card I get confirmation a few days later saying they have recieved cancellation. Then a few days after that I get a email saying products have been shipped. WHY DID THEY DO THAT, THERES NO WAY TO CHARGE ME!

The crap arrived and then came the phone calls crying for there $72 bucks I told them send me the money and I would ship it back because I DIDN'T ORDER THIS! She said there policy was that I ship it back at my expense and she would credit my account. Fine whatever to get you people off of me, so I sent them there stuff back via priority mail with signature confirmatin.

And you know what these extortionist are still call wanting another $7 bucks and change to officially close the acount. PEOPLE STAY THE HECK AWAY!!!

I have all emails and confirmations to verify everyting I went through.

• Me
      7th of Jul, 2010

If you looked at your packet when you joined you would have seen a paper to be used if you want to cancel. Just fill it out and send it in. Very simple and it works. It did for my friend.

8th of Jul, 2010

I agree with nelsondro225... the numbers don't add up and it looks like this is the same person spamming the same bogus story all over the place.

8th of Jul, 2010

This entire thread is designed to be a sort of "gotcha" or "red flag" to people thinking about joining Melaleuca. That reveals the true motive of the poster more than anything.

At the end of the day people cancel Melaleuca accounts for various reasons all the time just like they cancel bank accounts or Sams Club accounts or whatever.

Melaleuca gives you clear instructions on how and when you can cancel. It's not hard, it's not a mystery, it's not something they don't let you do. If you don't do it the way they ask, or if the post office doesn't deliver your letter, you can't blame Melaleuca for that.

My wife and I have been in and out of Melaleuca three times in the last 16 years and have never had an issue coming in or going out ever because we read and understand what we are doing and we do things the way Melaleuca asks that they be done.

• Rr
      14th of Aug, 2010

Honestly- I had to call up my credit card company and have them cancel the account number that Melaleuca had. That was the way I had to stop them. They first said they never got my letter to cancel membership - and another box was on the way in the interim. I sent another and they "emailed!" me that they were canceling the membership. (I find it funny because you can't email them to cancel your account, or do it online at all- they want a letter)

No Mark- its not common for a company that has you place order online for a customer to have to find this paper membership information when they want to cancel. All of this information SHOULD be visible online as well as the ability to discontinue your account online. If they have a secure place to input your credit card, they have the ability for customers to know the status of their account and being able to cancel it online securely-ONLINE. This would give the customer the opportunity to "SEE" it was canceled themselves- not involving mailing a letter and waiting for a confirmation. I asked a Melaleuca supervisor about this policy and her answer was that it was about" security". Why would anyone want to "cancel" my online account- besides me? They accept my credit card information online. The explanation doesn't make sense. This isn't a good honest business policy. You would find it hard to find another company that requires this method of cancellation.

Yes- they do expect you to ship things back at your expense- not something most companies would expect of their customers either. The invoices from this company are unlike any other I have dealt with. A vague shipping and handling charge- that was always around 9 bucks regardless of having a 10 items or 3 small ones in the box, a "fuel"surcharge fee.
    and the tax in my state.. all not a mentioned cost in their presentations.

15th of Aug, 2010

rrobinett,

here you are again going from thread to thread but this time your story is a bit different. My response will be the same... lets get your customer ID number to prove you were even a Melaleuca customer in the first place. I ask because your "facts" are not consistent with how Melaleuca does things at all so it looks like your an Amway guy trying to spin and soil Melaleuca's good name.

ID number please?