Meineke Car Care Centers / I expect to be compensated for the broken door lock

My car was scheduled for new spark plugs and wires at 4:00PM Saturday 02-02-07. Everything in my car was working fine at that time. That bill was $204.16. Is that the usual for a tune up on a 4-cylinder car? By Sunday afternoon I had no heat in the car. When I called on Monday I was told that the mechanics were nowhere near the thermostat for the heater and the car was "old and things wear out." I then left my car to have the heater repaired. Repairs were expected to take two days as a part had to be ordered from Hyundai. Meineke had my car for 3 complete days, one of which the car was not worked on at all because of days off and personnel problems. I was not given the courtesy of a phone call telling me it would be an extra day. I had to borrow a car for my own transportation. I finally picked up my car on 02-09-07. That bill was $583.20. The driver's side door lock is now broken. When I called about this problem I was told again that the mechanics were nowhere near my door lock. Is this a pattern? The door lock was not broken when it was brought in for repair on 02-06-07 and now it is. The car was looked at on 02-10-07 and I was told that the door had to be removed and the spring replaced for an extra $30.00. I did not damage my car and I expect to be compensated for the broken door lock.

Bl

Comments

• Wa
      5th of Dec, 2011
    Meineke Car Care Centers - Crooks
    Meineke Car Care Centers

After living with a noisy exhaust system I went to Meineke to get it repaired/replaced. They showed me where the muffler was bad as well as where the exhaust pipe needed replacement, I agreed.

Less than a month later the exhaust was loud again so I inquired about the warranty. I was told to take it to a “Sister” shop to have it repaired while it was still under warranty. Once there, they tried to charge me another $200 to fix it. The problem was the pipe I was charged for was NEVER replaced, instead a muffler bandage was clamped on it instead. (see photo)

Meineke Exhaust PipeI’ve been fighting with them for 10m months. Today a new rep of MEINEKE called and said I had waited too long.

What “TOO LONG” ? I reported this one month after they said they replaced it.

WHAT A LOUSY COMPANY. NEVER do business with Meineke / Econo Lube / Maaco… they are CROOKS.