Meaningful Beauty / bait and switch

I called the Meaningful Beauty 1-800 number to order the starter kit valued at $30 (or so), plus 2 free gifts. When I talked to the customer service representative she convinced me to add on 2 additional products. What she did not tell me was that when I added the 2 additional products I no longer qualified for the introductory kit. When I received my merchandise in the mail (almost 3 weeks later) I received, and was charged, for the first 90-day supply ($109). When I called to complain I was told that they would ship the introductory kit plus 2 free items at no charge. When I called to follow-up 2 weeks later I was told that, "No, they were not going to send me the intro kit and no charge. When I order the additional items that automatically upgraded me to the 90 day supply". Complaining got me no where. A message was relayed back to me that the supervisor said, in short "sorry"! I plan to file a formal complaint with the governor's office for deceptive advertising and theft. The really sad part is that the product is ok, but I will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER purchase another item from them due to their unethical customer service practices.

Ao

Comments

29th of Jan, 2010

I absolutely agree!!! It is bait and switch. It happened to me also. The very same thing!!! What a shame that Cindy Crawford is a part of this!!! I - too - will NEVER EVER ORDER OR RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE!!! I agree - it seems - not too bad...but the deception in term of cost can not be ignored.

• De
      23rd of Feb, 2010

I agree!!! this happened to me, I also was told I would recieve the products in 5 to 7 bus. days after waiting almost 2 weeks I phoned customer service and was told my shipment had not been shipped it was on back order !!! HA !! so i ask the rep if i could just cancel my order she then became very rude to me and said it would take 5 to 7 bus. days to refund my money on my card. IM still waiting for the funds to be put back on my card.!!!