Maytag / xl bravos washer/dryer

1-5 Brighton, CO, United States

Purchased the xl bravos washer/dryer matching combo at Home Depot in Brighton Colorado in August 2016. We've had nothing but issues with our washer since we purchased it. We bought the washer based on reviews from consumer reports that rated the combo very well, we will never do that again! Our clothes continuously come out of the washer with white detergent stains on them regardless of the detergent we use, nor does the washer perform how a washer should, which is clean our clothes - they don't come clean.

The dryer is inferior in my opinion too, it takes two cycles at minimum to completely dry our clothes, however there are no mechanical/electrical issues with the dryer, this post is related to our washer.

As of a week ago, the washer stopped turning on. I called Maytag CS, we had to wait an entire week before a service technician could even come to our home. At this point, laundry is piling up in hopes it will be a relatively simple and affordable fix.

The day our appointment was scheduled, the tech was professional and timely, however, after the tech diagnosed our problem he informed us that it was going to cost $762 to repair our washer (control boards) that is less than 2 years old, not to mention the repair cost more than one of the machines brand new. On top of all of that, it cost us $99 dollars for the tech to spend less than 5 minutes in our home.

We cannot afford to repair our washer at that price, so now we are forced to use family and the laundromat until we can determine what our permanent solution will be.

Maytag needs to do something about this. If we were still under warranty I would demand a refund, which I realize is not realistic at this point, but the entire process has been painful from scheduling, to the actual cost of the repair. I could even understand if the issue was our fault, but this seems to be a regular occurrence with these machines and Maytag needs to figure out what the issue is. I used to be a big fan of Maytag, but after this experience, I can honestly say I don't plan to purchase anymore Maytag appliances.

MOD MVWB835DW0
SER C62770352

Paul
Brighton CO

• Maytag Customer Care's Response, May 11, 2018

Thank you for your information Paul, it was a pleasure speaking with you! Please feel free to contact us in the future if you have any further questions.

Andrew
    Maytag Social Care

• Updated by Paul Y, May 22, 2018

Three stars for Maytag stepping up. They replaced the parts, and I had to take care of labor, which I think is fair. 3 stars for having to pick up labor and it took us a month from the initial call to Maytag to today in order to get our washer fixed. Having a toddler and dragging him along with all of our clothes to the laundromat was not a pleasant experience for a month.

The world we live in though is no longer the Maytag repair man, it is all contract work (Best Services). Service company was very professional, just not timely, as they were a major part in the delay of getting a diagnosis, then the repairs.

Overall we are satisfied with the service we received, but it was not by any means a 5 star performance. Sorry Maytag!

Pa