Maxis Communications / terrible customer service for prepaid card users

1 Malaysia

First of all, pre-paid number gets deactivated after 5 weeks without top-up. All the balance will be forfeited after expiration. Excellent policy to protect the rights of the customers who paid.

Come on Maxis, people decide to use pre-paid card instead of post-paid simply because they do not use the number so often. Some of them like myself live overseas and come back once in a while. How do you expect all of your customers can top up so frequently? It's fair if you set a period of 3-6 months. 5 weeks is ridiculously short!

Not to mention that we put in the money into the account but we have to keep topping up in order to use the money. The accumulated amount can be huge!

My phone number got deactivated and i went to your service centre and requested for a reactivation. Your staff was unsure how to solve it and asked me to go back and wait for 5 working days. Without surprise, it didn't work. I used online live chat to talk to your staff again and he/she promised to follow up for me and will contact me via email. It has been a few weeks. Nothing has happened. My number is still dead. I used the number for 8 years and I just wanted to keep it.

Why make the promise when you do not even bother to help? I will definitely switch to other service provider. Honestly I do not think you will ever care though. Good luck Maxis.

Al