Mattress Warehouse / Awful customer service

United States, Maryland, Catonsville Review updated:
Mattress Warehouse
My wife and I purchased a brand new king size Simmons Beautyrest mattress from Mattress Warehouse on December 31st. The distict manager was at the store and was like a snake oil salesman, using every trick up his sleave to get us to buy a mattress we weren't sure about. He finally lowered the price enough and so we decided to purchase the mattress. When we slept on it a few days later for the first time it was extremely uncomfortable. We called the store and they told us they'd try to work something out with us, but we never got a call back. I called the district manager directly several times and filed a complaint on their website, begging them to call me back and help, and still haven't heard a word. At best I was hoping to get a refund or exchange the mattress (even if we paid a fee), at worst I would have been willing to pay for a new mattress at cost. We paid over $1600 for this mattress and now we're sleeping in our guest bedroom on an older bed. The customer service at Mattress Warehouse was appalling. I highly discourage anyone from shopping at their store.

N  25th of Sep, 2009 by
On 11-11-08 My husband and I went to Mattress Warehouse for a complete bedset for a guest room. We ordered a full size bed with a headboard and was promised it would be delivered the coming Saturday. My husband paid for half with his debit card and I paid the other half with a check for $292. The delivery man arrived on Saturday with a twin bed and no headboard. We of course refused the delivery and immediately contacted Carl, the salesman, at the store. He promised to make the appropriate delivery with the headboard, the following Saturday. We stayed home again and the delivery people arrive with a full mattress and no headboard. We needed the complete set so we again refused the delivery, called Carl, and told him that they had again failed to make good the agreement and we just wanted a refund. With much angst he finally agreed to the refund but stated that it had to come from customer service. He stated that the debit transaction would take about 7-10 days but my check refund would take up to two to three weeks. After a month, several phone calls and a visit to the store by my husband, the debit return showed up on my husband's account. I have talked to Carl three times, a person named Deeja in customer service, who stated that she did not have anything from the salesman for a $292 refund, and here it is close to three months later with no refund from Mattress Warehouse. You cannot get a real person to answer in customer service and they don't return calls.

I went on consumeraffairs.com and saw that Mattress Warehouse has 52 pages of complaints lodged since 2000! They have several current (within the last 12 months) including mine! Many are similar to mine, no merchandise, no refunds. I have reported them to the BBB and the the Maryland Attorney General.
N  15th of Jun, 2010 by
That really sucks to hear about. A District Manager should provide way better service than that... Ours out in california have the authority to help resolve the problem... especially if it's something we can control. Who is his supervisor? Keep going up the ladder and request he be reprimanded.

Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.com Logo Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.com
4949 New Design Rd