Match.com / marketng me without my consent
A friend told me to google potential dates' usernames -- she did that and found a guy on a bunch of swinger sites. Just for fun, I googled my own Match username, and found myself on page after page of Singles webpages, all with the Match.com logo, in all different towns in Texas that I'd never been to or even heard of. They all said "------ (me) is single in Austin! Online now! (even when I was not signed in) or (Active within one hour!" I was horrified, and wrote them to ask what this was about. They made me look like an online queen, putting myself out there in every town from Dallas to El Paso.
They have still never responded and refuse to remove me. I did some digging into their site, and I now think this was done in conjunction with their concept of "Communities" -- they lump people into a "Community" (Seniors, Single Parents, CHristian, etc) and market you on these separate web pages, but they don't ask you if you want to be on it, and they don't tell you.
I feel like bait. I googled the username of the homeliest women on the pages, and got "No Result." Same for the men. But anyone who is better-looking is used as bait in as many towns as those ###s can think of. I have written to them hundreds of times and they have never replied. Once when I mentioned the word "lawyer," they removed me for a short time, but now I am back on those pages, and on new and different towns I've also never heard of and will never visit. THe men in those towns will never meet me, I can tell ya.
I am furious.
More Match.com Complaints & Reviews
- Wmv*match.com - unauthorized charges 
- Match.com - cannot stop emails from match.com 
- Match.com - unable to sign into my account 
- Match.com - blocking practices 
- Match.com - most paid male members are players 
- Match.com - I changed password on account for security and now i am blocked from account
- Match.com - access to my account has been block by match while I am trying to set it up.
- Match.com - logging into account
- Match.com - terminating my subscription with no just cause
- Match.com - messages