Massage Envy / terrible business practices
I have been with Massage Envy for over a year, close to two years. I never had a complaint about the massages themselves. But then I had to have a surgery, and then my brother passed away, then it was the holidays, then my job changed - anyway I was not able to use my prepaid massages. When it got to the point that I had seven prepaid massages, I went in to cancel my membership. They handed me the form for my signature - but I read the paper which stated that the next months fee would not be taken from my account, but I would LOSE my prepaids. If I stop paying the monthly fee - I become a non-active member and will not be allowed to get the massages that I have already paid for!!!
Also, after discussing this nonsense with some co-workers, I found out that among the six of us talking, five of us had memberships, but I was the only one paying $59/mon, everyone else was paying $39/mon on their contracts!! When I comfronted the manager about this I was told that this was not possible and I must be mistaken - but why would anyone lie about this. When I gave them the names of the others, they verified that a "mistake" had been made on their contracts and would be corrected.
More Massage Envy Complaints & Reviews
- Massage Envy - misleading prices 
- Massage Envy - harassment 
- Massage Envy - account freeze / no refund cancellation 
- Massage Envy - asking for credit card over phone before services 
- Massage Envy - managerial corruption/sexual harassment 
- Massage Envy - billing at branch location
- Massage Envy St George, Utah - Kelly Thacker - I had a medical emergency and I was unable to cancel within the 24 hour cancellation policy
- Massage Envy - membership cancellation
- Massage Envy - overcharging
- Massage Envy - massage