Marriott Vacation Club / cannot change check-in date

United States, California, Newport Beach Review updated:
Newport Beach
We make our vacation reservations a year in advance at the Newport Coast Villas. Sunday was the only day available for check in at that time so I took it. We had a change of plans and wanted to change our check in day to either Friday or Saturday. But because it was within 60 days of our travel they could not accommodate us. I could have extended my stay by renting a day or two extra but at $325.00 a night wasn't reasonable. They just would not take care of this for us. So this is the lesson to be learned: If you have a change of plans that's your problem, Marriott does not care enough about it's customers to help you out. My only solution would be to sell my timeshare but from what I've heard that is a rip off too.

D  9th of Mar, 2011 by
They have that policy for a reason to make sure they have that inventory available for all the owners who haved booked at the same time as you on Sunday. If you just canceled lets say 10 days before your check in you would throw off the system and cause problems for the resort. Now a unit is left open with nobody staying there and Newport Coast has lost money because they cant rent it. If companies like Marriott dont follow their rules and make exceptions for one person they have to make exceptions for everyone.
Owner Services employees also make you aware of the policy everytime you book your week. Another thing is Travel Protection. If something unexpected comes up and you are within the 60 days of checking in the Travel Insurance will reimburse you your yearly maintence fees back. I understand your frustration but Marriott gives you fair warning ahead of time also the opportunity to buy Protection.

Marriott Vacation Club International Logo Marriott Vacation Club International