Marlboro Red / terrible quality product!

United States Review updated:
I have been having issues with Marlboro cigarettes for years and it seems to be getting worse. I bought a carton of Marlboro Lights on a cruise ship in October of 2000. The quality was not what I expected, it felt like I was drawing on a down pillow. Absolutely felt nothing in my mouth or my throat. Not only that but they made me slightly light headed, and produced an extremely mild headache, albeit short lived. (until the next one). I also noticed it left a peculiar taste, or sensation on my tongue, as if I had just smoked a menthol.

I spoke with Marlboro customer service and I was told that these particular cigarettes were manufactured for over seas sales, and that the quality and paper colors were different, not quite to the standards of the states. I then switched to Marlboro because I got no satisfaction from the lights and I was always leary of buying cigarettes for fear of obtaining inferior packs.

Well this is still happening today with Marlboro. I buy and toss out cartons because of the same reasons I listed above. I know it is not just me. It seems that whenever they have a campaign with promotional materials sealed in the back of the packages, or the "If you want to quit" promotions, the cigarettes are fine, and are what I expect.

But as soon as the promotion is over, the market is then flooded with the cigarettes that have no taste, can not feel them when you draw on them, or inhale. Same light headedness, same light headache. It is a crap shoot when I go to the store. The people at my local stores think I am nuts when I ask to see the back of the packs, then ask them to see if they have cartons with the same product code as is on the bottom of the pack, should they be one of the promotional packs that is.

Believe me I can tell the difference between these cigarettes. I would offer myself to you if you think I cannot.

I am angry and frustrated and want a good cigarette. But I am stuck with these lousy ones until the next promotion.

Comments

Wa
  1st of Feb, 2008
HOW ABOUT YOU TRY NOT SMOKING CIGARETTES!

OF COURSE THEY TASTE BAD, THEY ARE POISON....DUH....

Marlboro Logo Marlboro