Mango Airlines / cancellation of confirmed booking
I I booked two flights online from Cape Town to Durban departing on the 05th July booking reference JVBSYM and opted to pay the following day. I proceeded to pay the following day and thought all was okay. When I received the confirmation, I did not check as I had already printed the email received on the 27th. I went to check my departure time on the 04th and opened the email dated the 28th June and learned that the booking was for a flight from Jhb to Cape Town on the 04h July. I immediately called the contact centre and a very unfriendly person by the name of Lusanda told me that there was nothing I could do as the flight had already departed from Jhb and that it was my problem. The flight for the 05th from Cape Town to Durban was cancelled by Mango an hour after the confirmation via email was received. There was no email advising the booking was cancelled. Mango does not have any record of an email sent to me confirming that my flight for the 05th has been confirmed, it appeared as if I was fabricating this. Who do I speak to, to make good on this mess? Today, 05th July I got a call from Yusuf in the Guest Servives department of Mango and according to the IT department I did not request payment within 24 hours which justifies the cancellation which they do not notify their customers of. It is unacceptable that flights are confirmed but no notification is given if the booking is cancelled for whatever reason. Because I was not in Jhb to board the flight I am considered a no show and therefore I have to pay for another flight. I dont live in Jhb and did not request a flight on the 04th why would I need to phone them to cancel. They cannot even say that we need to share the blame and meet each other half way, they must be having cash flow problems if R1, 300 is going to make a dent in there bank account. If 93% of consumers using hellopeter post negative remarks, what does that say about the business as a whole. At some point people are going to look at poor service, bad attitudes, and no regard for the people who they depend on to keep there doors open. It would seem that the welfare and general consumer satisfaction does not factor in the way Mango operates it business.
More Mango Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Mango Airlines - bad service and attitude and o response after a month and still waiting 
- Mango Airlines - refuse boarding 
- Mango Airlines - don't book with mango unless your life is perfect and nothing in the world will upset your travels plans
- Mango Airlines - illtreating elderly passengers
- Mango Airlines - I tried phoning mango head office but cannot get throug
- Mango Airlines (FlyMango) - check-in closed early - now I forfeit ticket?
- Mango Airlines / FlyMango - confusing payment system resulting in double payment
- Mango Airlines / FlyMango - no response to simple questions
- Mango Airlines / FlyMango - luggage tampered with
- Mango Airlines / FlyMango - no feedback at all