Malaysia Airlines / missed flight due to wrong information provided

1 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

This morning we were at the kl sentral to check in my friend, punamiya/kirtikhubilal mr (As per his flight ticket) for flight mh9186 to hong kong at 9.00am. We were at the counter where the staff managing the erl before entering the area to check in and inquired if we can still check in as it was 7.05am. She informed that we can still do so and I then purchase the erl ticket (Receipt time is 7.06am) and proceeded to get into the check in area after the bag is scanned.
We had to wait as another passenger was being attended at the counter for business class.
However when it was our turn, we were informed that he has to check in as it was below 2 hours as required. We left and I informed them that they should have told us earlier. We walked over to the gates to get to the erl platform and my guess then left to get the train (I believe it was the 7.15am train) but he missed as it left just as he was getting down the elevator.
He took the next train and upon arriving the counter in klia was informed that he was late by just a few minutes and was not allowed to check in. He called me at 8.08am to inform (As per the phone record) that he was not allowed to check in and he had to purchase a new flight ticket for the 2.30pm flight (About rm4000+).
It is very disappointing because if the lady manning the erl had informed that we need to get to the airport to check in, mr kirti would have been able to be on the train which left at 7.15am and reached klia in time and checked in for his original flight at 9.00am.
I would like to get a reply as to why there seems to be no clarity between erl and mas staff on the minimum period between check in and flight. Mr kirti was at the counter at 8.05am for 9.00am flight, was it difficult to check him in and furthermore he was on business class.
Due to misinformation from erl and mas staff, mr kirti was not allowed to check in for his scheduled flight at 9.00am and he had to incur an extra rm4000+ to purchase a new ticket to get to hong kong at 2.30pm.
I am very disappointed as my company needs to reimburse dr kirti the extra amount incurred as he was our guess to conduct a workshop in malaysia.
As it is he was already disappointed with mas for his delayed flight the night before from kuantan which was scheduled for 7.50pm but only left about 1 hour + later.
I would like to request for an official reply and if mas is going to compensate for the new flight ticket purchased.

Bo