Malaysia Airlinescomplaint on the flight delay jhb-kul mh 1034

To whom it may concern:

I’m writing with regards to my distasteful and unsatisfactory experience I had with Malaysia Airlines. Appended below are the flight details:
Passenger Name: Ms. Chiang Poh Ying, Mdm Tay Lay Liang and Ms. Chiang May Ying
Booking No / E-Ticket No: [protected], [protected], [protected]
Flight No: MH1034
Reference: WHYMN

Our flight scheduled from JHB-KUL at 630 am on 17th April 2017 was delayed as MAS experienced a major computer outage at Senai International Airport. Immediately, we informed the ground staff pertaining to our connecting flight from Kuala Lumpur to Perth with AirAsia X during the check-in. We were devastated that no assistance was extended though it was a technical glitch of the airline.

Finally, the plane arrived late at KLIA at 750am. Again, due to mechanical problems with the baggage claim, we couldn't get the baggage until 9am! Despite arriving the airport as early as 5am, the flight delay cost us a last-minute replacement ticket from KUL to PER. And truthfully speaking, we’ve never experienced using handwritten paper as boarding pass throughout my entire travelling experience. Somewhat, it made no difference than taking a budget airline. What is more unacceptable was that they have written the destination wrongly (KUL-JHB) instead of JHB-KUL.

Leaving me with no option, I approached the ticket counter to discuss the issue I was facing, but to no avail. Rebooking ticket on MAS / AirAsia for three person together with the luggages would cause a great deal of money. Eventually, I asked my mother and sister to continue their journey without check-in baggages and I decided to take the Malindo airline - the cheapest option I could get but that also cost me MYR 1893.38 for a one-way ticket from KUL to PER. Moreover, I was left stranded in KLIA for almost 9 hours, causing my plan in Perth to be completely disturbed. My holiday mood was all gone somehow, considering the financial burden which I suddenly incurred, especially to someone who just started working.

We understand that the technical glitch was an unfortunate event to MAS as well. That being said, we were deeply disappointed with the customer service that we experienced – the exact opposite of what MAS pride yourselves on. We felt disregarded and unvalued. We felt like things like this could have been handled better. We would like to be able to continue to fly with Malaysia Airlines. Obviously, I’m sure you understand we have hesitation now due to this horrific experience.

As a reputable establishment, I urge you to investigate into the matter and take the feedback seriously before we completely lose faith with your organization. I hope you will be able to give us a satisfactory explanation and remedial plan. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you.